A separate section in your GAG account for comments?

Does anyone else think that it would make sense to have a separate section for comments rather than bundling them in with answers. If you comment on an answer you have no way of knowing if you were responded to unless you repeatedly check the question and who has the time or could be bothered to do that

Most Helpful Guy

• 0|0
    • Well no 2 obviously doesn't work since only for you I wouldn't have known that question existed

• heh, yeah...

I only linked it because a GAG admin (LondonPrincess) commented on exactly your question (#5). Basically saying "probably not" as politely as possible.

• Yeah I read it, thanks but no thanks

What Guys Said 5

• Yes,the commentsare often the most interesting part of answering questions, and they should be easily accessible in a separate section as you suggest.

• It makes sense but I saw a recent question about GAG suggestion in which LondonPrincess answered and said "That's a great idea except you'd get a ton of notifications for comments"...well duh, that's why I commented and have to constantly check up on it.

• Saw that question thanks to a link from normalice. She also answered below basically repeating my question.

• yes I def agree, even though all the admins on gag hate me and delete all my answers and questions, and this answer will probably be deleted lol

• It does make sense, but do you have an idea how that system would work? how would they make it?

• Yes, I think that would make sense and it would be much more convenient.

What Girls Said 7

• Thanks for the feedback - I think what you're suggesting is that you'd like to receive a notification each time someone comments on an answer that you commented on (similar to Facebook's format)?

• Don't have a Facebook account so I cannot draw a comparison on that. But yes if I comment on an answer and that is subsequently commented on, without a notification how could I know my comment has been responded to

• Yes, I believe this is what she is trying to say. I think it's a pretty good idea, because rarely do I check for comments, and when I do, it's usually days later, and by then it's late to reply to the comment.

• @caliall. That's exactly my point

• Yes..it confuses and frustrates me...i hate when I'm in the middle of answering a question I like or am interested in but then I get really excited because I a new answer but its really a comment that is either ignorant or not worth me clicking and getting off my previously page for.

• I'd love that. Sometimes I'll get a response to a comment I leave, but I don't see it until waaayyyy later when I happen to stumble across the question again. I think it would be worth it, even if it gave me a buttload of notifications

• Sounds cool

• Maybe it should be optional like how yahoo has a upgrade that's optional

• i was just thinking this, it would be awesome

• No I. Think its fine the way it is