Ok who is seriously getting sick of being signed out of GaG?

This is really really really starting to piss me off. Even if I'm not AFK it will just log me out randomly. I can answer a question, then 30seconds later answer another one and it says I'm logged out and I'm to retype everything. This also happens no matter what the category is. Its also done it when commenting on an answer, answering a question, and even asking a question.

I can understand it possibly booting you after say 30min of inactivity, but its booting me sometimes after no time of inactivity.

Seriously GaG needs to fix this. I've left so many questions unanswered or uncommented because it booted me after hitting submit because I didn't want to type my comment again or I couldn't find the question again.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 3

• To protect your privacy, you are signed out of GirlsAskGuys automatically after a set amount of time of no activity (i.e., not clicking).

After you type in your answer (if you have spent a long amount of time typing), highlight and copy your answer, and then preview the answer. If you are signed out, you may automatically paste your copied text into the answer again.

• I understand that but the time is too short. Sometimes it logs me out after only a few minutes of not clicking. That is too short. I mean its not even enough time to type a comment sometimes, which is limited to 500 characters anyway.

• I've told my web browser (google chrome) to save my password to this site so I'm always signed in. Makes life a little easier.

• Wow..it doesn't happen to me though..the only time it logs me out is when I leave the GAG site...

What Guys Said 4

• I think I can get around this by signing in, then hitting 'back' till I'm back at the answer, and my answer is normally still typed in, then I submit again and it works.

Whether that works depends on browser settings I imagine.

• If you don't check the box then you will get signed out at odd times and supposedly after 15 or 30 minutes of inactivity. It has happened to me a few dozen times so now I just check the remember me or keep me signed in box now because I am not a huge fan of takin 20 minutes to type out some long bad ass answer to lose it. I now always copy and paste the bitch on a long answer even if I have checked the box.

• Well it kicks me after like 3min of inactivity. I copy my stuff too but the only problem is if it was buried questions sometimes I can't find it again. Either way, we shouldn't have to do that. Poor web design.

• There are plenty of problems on gag for sure

• it sometimes logs out on its own

• Hey it happens.