Can some people tell who you are when you ask anonymously?

Most Helpful Girl

• Some people, in their questions, ask so many questions about the same topic, you can guess. It's only obvious when they choose to ask those questions both anon and exposed.

What Guys Said 7

• YES N I KNOW WHO You R!

But I have caught others when they ask Anon

By looking at the way they type.

• Haha that actually freaked me out!

• Lol That's okay. It was funny

• lol glad it made you smile :)

• Me? I doubt it.

• I certainly hope not :-/

• They shouldn't be able to. A network expert probably could do it though.

• When people have been around for a while, and you know their history. their ways. their language, etc. it becomes easier to read between the lines...

• Heh..well sure..particularly if you are from the way less populous "older GAG users" or..if you employ distinctive mannerisms in your dialogue..(:(:(:

• For me I can tell indirectly making an educated guess. If the person reposts or rehashes the same Q/A. Also by the person's writing style.

What Girls Said 9

• No, only the site admins can (not the regular admins on here). And they keep your business private. Don't listen to anyone if they tell you differently.

• Sometimes you can tell if they ask the same questions all the time, or if they have a distinctive style of writing and personality that comes out. Most of the time, though, its impossible to tell.

• some people can. for mi, one or two.

• Not usually, no

• Sometimes, especially if I know that user's style and personality pretty well.

• Yeah, I've picked people out before and I'm pretty sure they could do the same to me.

• No, don't worry about it.

• Of course not.

• No :)