Are you more likely to answer questions when the person is anonymous?

1) Are you more likely to answer questions when the person is anonymous?

2) Also are you more likely to answer questions anonymously?

• Yes Anonymous to both Questions one & 2?
  • No Answer as yourself to both Questions one & 2?
  • Yes to Question one and No to Question 2
  • No to Question one and Yes to Question 2

Most Helpful Guy

• I answer questions I find interesting, or where I feel I have something worthwhile to offer (or occasionally, questions that make me frustrated). I don't really care if they're Anon, but I also think that Anon is WAAAAAY over-used here. It's not like you're using your real name or anything.

I have never answered any question Anon, though I believe the counter on the web software says "-1" for some reason.

• Anon is overused but I think it's still a good feature overall, especially for users who just want advice on one or two things and then leave.

What Guys Said 6

• It doesn't matter to me if the asker is anonymous, but I won't ask or answer any questions as anonymous. I don't feel like I should be afraid of being judged for my opinion. After all, they're the ones who asked for it. That and I like who I am, and the way I think. If someone else doesn't like it, it doesn't really bother me.

I don't think being anonymous would help my case anyways, my answers are usually a lot longer and more in depth than all the other ones (and they can occasionally stray off topic lol), so it would be pretty easy to tell it's me based on the writing style.

• 1) No. It won't necessarily stop me but it gets annoying. ESPECIALLY when it's questions about random sh*t that doesn't warrant anonymity at all.

2) I think I've only answered anonymously once. Maybe twice. And it was for particularly personal stuff. Again, it's annoying when people go anon for completely harmless answers or, even worse, to avoid accountability for extremely hateful things they say.

• I will answer any question that catches my attention and that I think I may have a good answer for. I have answered anonymously a few times recently, but more often than not, I'll just answer as myself.

• I don't usually look if the question is anonymous, but I'm definitely more likely to answer it if it's not anonymous.

Very rarely will I answer a question anonymously, I've done it less than 5 times.

• doesn't make a difference

• Neither.

What Girls Said 6

• I'm neither more or less likely to answer an anonymous question or answer anonymously.

I rarely feel the need to be anonymous but I have in the occasion where it was truly personal and I didn't care to have everyone know it was me but wanted to help the question asker.

• 1) Doesn't matter to me.

2) I almost never answer questions anonymously because no one here knows me in real life anyway and I've never posted pictures of myself, so I feel anonymous regardless.

• Anon is usually a troll... I keep trying to givre them the benefit of the doubt, but they are usually rude to me.. I do answer anon though.. Some of my life is personal and if I can still help I will...

• I answer any questions I know I can give a positive answer to!

• i don't answer questions on whether they're anonymous or not...its more about what the question is and if I find it worth answering or if I even have an answer for it.

• 1) no (not more likely, I'm indifferent to it)

2) yes