Anonymous blocking...

Does anyone else get pissed off when an anonymous question asker blocks you, say because you disagree on politics or religion, but then later when you try to answer a different question by an anonymous person, you can't because that's the person who blocked you!?

I think the best solution is that when someone blocks you, they aren't anonymous to you anymore, at least then you'll know not to waste your time on their other questions, and it's not like you can harass them if you're already blocked. It's just frustrating the way it works currently.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't let that bother me whatsoever. So no I don't get pissed, or any other emotion for that matter. If someone on this site doesn't like me, then it's their problem. I'm here to answer questions and give my opinion. If someone doesn't like it and needs to block me just because I don't agree with them or because they don't want to swallow their pride and admit I'm right then I don't care for them anymore. Don't let it bother you so much. Majority of those people block you because they know you are right or you say things that "upset" them and then blocking you is the only solution to their little problem :)

What Girls Said 5

• I hate it to a certain degree, especially when someone posts something idiotic and you want to point out how it's wrong 100 times over but you can't. The bright side is that you no longer have to worry about attempting to converse with someone who is obviously is not at that level.

• That is why I avoid racial,religion and politic questions because there would always be some bigots who are ready to fight with you.It takes a while for you to find out who are them because they were anonymous so you can't exactly predict anyone.They could be someone nice while they are unanon but turns evil when they are anon.My advise is don't answer or argue with them unless you know who they are so that easy for you to spot who blocked you.Just in case.

• I do... especially when they block you because they are arguing a point that is totally wrong. Then your friends get involved and then there is one big giant blocking party -_-

• No, I get annoyed when they ask a question (anon or not) and I want to comment on another's answer but I can't because the QA has me blocked (annoying rule).

• I know I hate that too.

What Guys Said 16

• I think it's always frustrating to be blocked, but I don't know if it would be better if people couldn't be blocked, and if your system were implemented, it would make anonymous users less anonymous. Personally, one of the mods here has blocked me, so I can no longer reply to her stupid sh*t.

• Actually that would be a bigger problem. You might refer to them by name in your posts or even if you didn't harass them with your current account that wouldn't stop you from creating a new one and going after them once you knew who they were. Anonymity exists for a reason. If you got into an argument with someone and found yourself blocked just move on.

• I see your point. Personally, I'd never think about starting a new account, I'm just not that petty. I love to debate, but I do try to remain civil most of the time, so I don't view them as arguments, simply debates.

• Sadly the same can't be said for the majority of the internet.

• Honestly I don't see why the site even has a blocking feature. I can understand blocking messages, but it if someone is harassing another person through answers and comments, it is pretty easy for a mod or admin to see. Aren't we, for the most part, adults here? Do we really need an online equivalent of plugging your ears and shouting "I'm not listening to you!"

• Exactly, that's where I'm coming from. It's a bad habit to be in, because you'll always encounter people that disagree with you.

• I love trolling other trolls. If you're so inclined to mess with them, you can do what I do and make a separate profile, go anonymous, and troll their topics or their responses. It's the best. I've gotten like 3 anonymous trollers to give up their pursuits doing this.

• I don't have that kind of free time.

• In the heat of the moment, sure, but I within ten minutes of posting this question, I was over it. If anything, this question was the therapy I needed to move on.

• Exactly, heat of the moment thing. But trust me, my way is much more satisfying.

• hell yea! that's like the big trend in this site. it just shows you how coward most people here are. they like to give shyt but can't take any. or sometimes I just think they block you cause you must of hit them were it hurts them the most but they still wanna have the last word some how

another solution from me to you is that once you find out who is blocking u, you should block him/her also, cause he/she will probably start stalking you around by putting random troll comments on your questions and answers... talking from experience too

• Never actually blocked anyone before, can it be done if they post anonymously? I'm not that worried about really, it's just such a cop out that precludes the free sharing of different points of view regarding serious topics.

• i don't think so, but just letting you know

• It would be much easier if you couldn't see the questions of those who block you - and they can't see yours either.

i actually suggested this once here:

link

but it seems either they only have part-time developers, or the answer was no, as this suggestion was a while ago.

• I like that idea too, or just an icon by the users name denoting that they blocked you. Anything that prevents time from being wasted typing up an answer, only to have it denied.

• never been blocked before but I can't say I'm surprised you got blocked in the other discussion even though imo you made some good arguments

most people who post political questions what you to either agree with them or be blocked since they have already made up their mind and they are just looking for validation (which is probably why ill stop using GaG soon enuf)

• I don't really care.

• You should be able to block anonymous people. You wouldn't see who these people are, but GaG would keep a mapping of who they are. So, if someone has responded to your question anon, you can still block them. If someone has blocked you and they post a question anon, you can still block them. Seems easy enough to me.

• Just rate the question 1st then if you are blocked it will show that you are blocked. The bad thing about an anon person blocking you is twofold-1st the person can stalk you and you can NEVER block them back-2nd of all some idiot can say something nasty to you then block you right afterward. But the 2nd thing is no biggie really.

• YES INDEED

• i don't care much about it, I block them if they block me

• No one blocks me.

Everyone loves to hate me too much to stifle me in any way.

• Haha, no. It's a sign to me that the person I was talking to is too much of an idiot to listen to rationality and that they are emotionally and intellectually stunted. I don't want to interact with somebody like that anyway.

• First of all, they'll never make that change because your last point about "it's not like you can harass them if you're already blocked," is completely wrong. How many users on here (usually the most annoying ones) have more than one login?

But to your first point, yes it is annoying. That's why I frequently answer anonymous so they can't block me.

• Who blocked you dude? I mean you pretty much jam your liberal rhetoric down everyone's throat. I actually kind of don't blame them for blocking you. I personally won't block you though because I enjoy making you look like an a**hole over your failed viewpoints.

• Oh snap! Couldn't agree more.

• Wanna play rock, paper, scissors?

• Not particularly, I've got homework to do. Summer school blows.