Should GAG have a notification system for any time your poll is answered?

I'm thinking it could be an IM, saying

"someone voted on your poll: ___ ": A: 'I do like pancakes'.

If there were an app for this site, I'd get it, and if they had that feature, I'd love it.

• Good idea
  • Unnecessary
  • Idc
  • Let me see what the other penguins said

Most Helpful Girl

• I think they used to do that, didn't they? When I first came here I remember getting notifications for poll votes. it actually annoyed me, because sometimes a poll gets a lot of votes and I wouldn't want to deal with that many notifications. Or I'd be excited to see a notification and disappointed that it was just a vote on a question I asked months ago.

What Girls Said 10

• No way. One of the polls I asked a while ago has gotten around 200 votes... it would get old pretty fast to be notified about that.

• I think it's a nice idea. There are lots of things that could be changed to make the site better. I wish they'd give you points for every time someone answers your question. I think the fact that someone answers you shows that your question is at least somewhat interesting and that should earn you points.

Th

• yeah that would be cool

• Ah yes, that is true. I didn't even think of that side of it. haha. I still think there should be more ways to earn points, though. Like gain/lose a point or two every time someone agrees or disagrees with an answer, or a few points when you enter a contest, whether or not you win it. I also think they should create a better filter for questions.

• Don't care about that. What I care about is getting a notification whenever someone comments on your comment.

• =( I 4got what I was going to say. uhhhggg...idk...will get back to you T_T

• yes. it's annoying to have to go and check on your own. I've found a lot of the time, when you include a poll in your question, more people just do the poll instead of giving you an actual answer. it's hella annoying :/

• I don't think that's really necessary. it can get annoying.

• it would only be an IM tho, not a message or something you have to go to answers for

• They used to but some people get like 100+ votes. After a while it'd get annoying

• Good idea

• Good idea

• Good idea

What Guys Said 4

• I think that might be annoying every time,

maybe after a few hours or a day it's counted up and then it notifies you

• No, what they really f***ing need is a notification system for anytime someone comments on an answer you commented on! I've always had a problem with this, ever since I first started on here with my other account almost two years ago. And ha ha I've e-mailed the admins more than once about it but they haven't done anything about it :'(... I guess they don't care about the PEOPLE. We must REVOLTTTTT. OCCUPY GIRLSASKGUYS 2012

• In all seriousness, it's really annoying not being able to carry on conversations that you started by commenting on an answer. Some of them have been really interesting ones but I just forget about them and they remain unfinished just because I don't know when someone's replied to my comment and I just forget about it.

As for polls, well, that's not a big deal. At least it's in your question list and you can go back and check if you want.

• Usually, by the time the question has gotten a few answers (usually takes a good 20 mins) and I go to it to check it out, the poll has had enough answers for me to get a good sense of what most people would answer.

• not really man, the margin of error is huge. you need at least 300 votes to have a small enough margin of error.

• I dunno... if there was an otpion other than going "anonymous" so you could turn it off, sure. Like if you're sick of a question and don't wanna bother with it anymore. But ya... they need that feature for other notifications.

• agreed. good idea too man

• I think most internet mods/admins are pretty sh*tty tbh... they don't wanna be fair or put in REAL work.

• i get you

• We need a notification that the liberals are coming. We could do something like the revolutionary war (when American beat the UK) and do a one if by question, 2 if my comment. THE LIBERALS ARE COMING THE LIBERALS ARE COMING! Duck and cover.