Has GirlsAskGuys improved your life?

I say it has improved mine, I have a very good girlfriend because of it. What about you?

Most Helpful Girl

• It has somewhat. I've made a few good friends, and met a couple guys who I'd seriously like to date, but due to certain circumstances, chances are not likely. Besides that, I like being able to help people who actually want help (rather than offering an opinion when someone doesn't care) and being in a community where people want to help me as well.

• that's very nice that you enjoy helping people. But what do you mean by offering an opinion when someone doesn't care?

• Well, sometimes I'll offer advice or say something like "If I were in your situation, I'd do this..." and sometimes people say "I didn't ask for your help/I don't care what you'd do." or something like that.

• Oh I think taking helpful advice from this site is a good thing, it seems people don't want to feel like they need advice. But the fact of the matter is that they do that's why they're here. That won't stop them from denying it though.

It doesn't sound like I'm agreeing with you huh? well let me tell you what, I understand and I accept your comment ty :)

What Girls Said 16

• I'd say it's improved spaects of my life. It gets me thinking sometimes, and I've met a few cool people on here.

• Its given me something to do. I love this place though, it makes me feel like I am helping people.

• I feel less alone.

• I used to feel a little alone when I first joined and took a break from gag too :)

I like this spot in the web its alright sometimes.

• I don't think it's really had much of an impact on my life. Except that it helps keep things in perspective. Coming here always reminds me that my problems could be oh so much worse.

• I wouldn't say it has improved my life, but it indeed has been helpful and is addicting :)

• I'm surprised a lot of people have the same answer. It sounds like they're in denial, that they feel no need for improvement at all. It doesn't sound very convincing.

• Doesn't have to. It takes more than a website to improve my life.Keep in mind we have all had different experiences with this site, everyones experience isn't the same has yours.

• I defiantly agree with you with you on that comment lolol. :)

• I guess it kind of helped me.

I got some insight on the opposite gender and some other topics.

And it has boosted my social skills just alittle. Like .01%

I still can't talk to cute guys.

But overall, it did help, I guess.

• Oddly yes. Better than yahoo answers.

• That's great! Yahoo answers is great in its own way, in fact I've been using yahoo answer recently.

• It's great if you want to a troll or ask about frivolous topics. Not the best place to go for serious advice on life. ^_^"

• Haha, no. If anything I am hoping I helped with a small part of someone else's. I enjoyed the amazon gift card though, that was time well spent.

• Yeah it answers all my most curious questions so glad I joined

• "met" a few cool people. helped me out yea...

• No, not really.

• Nope,not in any way I can think of.It has just changed my views on some aspects of social life.

• its not the best source for advice or info because people don't know your full story - you can only descrivbe so much (if you were speaking to someone in person I say you get better advice because you can explian yourself better)

• i'd say it f***ed me up more.

• Yes, it has helped understand a little more of what goes in the male mind.

• It's made me a wiser person (:

What Guys Said 23

• Hard to say that it's genuinely improved the overall picture. It has provided me an outlet for my curiosity that's less destructive than trial-and-error. That, and when I do research for a book, I like having a place where I can see if my initial perceptions of social trends measure up to real-world standards or not.

Examples:

- I asked a question recently about several characters in a book I'm writing who have messed-up lives. I know how they're treated per-girl per-situation in the book; but I like knowing I can ask real men and women how they would evaluate those characters if it were someone they knew. The question is not very popular, but at least I have an avenue to get feedback.

- I've also been able to develop playlists for projects based on suggestions from GAG users.

- I now know that most GAG users are oblivious to the fact that Virgil Goode is running for president, and that he has a far more impressive track record than either mainstream candidate. Also, that most GAG users are too afraid of getting Obama back to even consider voting for Virgil. (Better the chemical irritant that is Romney than the nuclear waste that is Obama?)

- I also found out, much to my annoyance, that there is no limit to how popular Spongebob is.

- As much as I am appalled by what the Swedish government does to religious minorities in the name of political correctness, Swedish women can be surprisingly very sweet-natured.

- Some users make things needlessly hard on themselves in their lives, and can often live much easier by making even one tiny change. Oftentimes, it's a simple moral deficiency that is actually really easy to avoid, provided one can learn to stop excusing it or personalizing it.

- More than ever before in history, countless GAG users claim to belong to a particular belief system, only to lead lives and give advice suggestive that they either don't know (or don't care) what said system actually teaches. Religious education / apologetics teaching has become a lost art.

So I would say in some ways, this site is more educational than most sociology classes in college. And a lot cheaper to use. And the texts are slightly less biased.

• I wouldn't say the site improved it. More like a few really good people did. I definitely wouldn't have an amazing girlfriend right now without them.

• It has been very helpful to me, yes.

• I'm at this cool middle ground where, yes I've learned a lot about opposite gender social interaction and interesting opinions and thought processes, but on the other hand, no, because there is also an enormous amount of stupid people here who complain about cheating and relationship problems that they themselves dug their own hole into.

• Just ignore it man it'll bury itself. lol

• Wish I could. You see I have this gnawing and ugly thing called optimism and hope for humanity that compels me to try and help these people and show them how stupid they are so they don't do that problem again, but, as you can see, it's slowly dying the more and more I read on here.

I do what I can though with what I have.

• Oh believe me I've had enough of a certain woman here, I think she might be a butch or something lol.

• Somewhat but to be honest I haven't found an answer to the question that made me join this website on the first place.

• I tried to look for you question, but your profile is private. would you like to link it?

• Meh it has its ups and downs

I've 'met' some cool people and helped them but at the same time I've spent wayyyyyyy too much time on here.

• it passes the time. I wouldn't miss it if it went offline permanently though.

• It has...i have learned EVEN MORE from the girls about how their minds tick with certain relationship and emotional situations.

It's nearly impossible to stop learning new things...and of course this is coming from a Professor. :)

• No, this isn't a life improving site, I ask questions and answer them, sometimes you gain insight but I find that the GAG community can be extraordinarily different that to what you'd find in real encounters. Best thing to do is just ask stuff on here for an outline, then fill in the blanks yourself with your experience. I take everything I hear on here with a grain of salt

• I guess it doesn't affect you the way it does some people. That's good advice though "take it with a grain of salt alright :)

• Yep it added 5 inches to my penis!

• Nah I'm still same as I got here single here haha.

• Maybe slightly in terms of ideology It has shown my that women are just as nervous/uncertain as guys, and can be just as dense. It has also shown me that nothing is set in stone(there is no one thing that will win you every girl).

• Not really, but I think I've helped some others and that makes all the difference.

• Nah, it hasn't really. It's been interesting and somewhat entertaining. I've seen some good opinions, from women at least, to make sure I remember.

• I like seeing some of the questions they make really good stories. The women here are great, there's one that is assholish though. You can kinda tell who she is lol.

• True, there are some interesting stories here. Yep, most are great. Ha ha. I've probably seen her on here but I don't remember it.

• Yes since recently joining I am learning the universe of female psychological functions and engineering of their minds. AND confidence is key!

• i don't think it has improved me in anyway

• great portion of knowledge here = power

• no, made it worse

• Normally all it does for me is serve as a sounding board for why I shouldn't date a particular girl. When I look at these things from a third person perspective I realize I tend to go for really bad girls. Not bad as in naughty, bad as in emotionally FUBAR. So I'll be single for a while :)

• I would say so. It gives me something to do to forget about my retardedness.

• It give me something to do as well, why would you say that I don't think you're retarded.

• Nah my own life stupidity. I'm obviously not retarded. I just need to escape the stupid stuff I do in my own personal life.

• Like what weed, and alchohol?

• Still single I wish the advice here would help me get a gf

• The initiative to meet, connect and advance is always going to have to come from within...either from her..or from you...dating always starts with somebody taking a chance...and all of us are losers at some point...amongst my friends ( I am 55) they have all been humbled by some woman, sometime, somewhere...meet girls..or at least figure out a way to be around them...and eventually something will happen...(:(:(:

• I bet your e-sex is awesome. Anyways, I established many good friends here some of which I've developed a great deal of trust in. Then GAG decided to take the chat bar away. Thanks GAG.

• you're right man the e-sex is awesome. I don't think gag wanted to take the chat bar away. Do you want a new one?

• google will prob. want everyone to use their service

• That's exactly what Google will do. Google + is still no where near as popular as Facebook and Google will try and social network this.