How do you select Best Answer?

I'm curious about this. I always try to select a best answer, and select it based on who actually has the best answer. If a few days go by and no one answered it very well, I usually just pick the lowest-level non-anonymous user.

• The one posted by a friend/interesting person
  • The one that I agree with the most.
  • The one by the lowest-level non-annonymous user
  • The one that answered my question best - even if I disagree with it.
  • I don't select best answers/other (explain).

Most Helpful Guy

• I usually choose the most elaborate and insightful answers. This does not happen very often. I also wonder if the percentage of the best answers that a person provides is the true measure of expertise.

What Girls Said 7

• whoever I feel fully read my question, understood it, was genuine and went into some detail and elaboration on their answer. usually ones that don't go too in depth to the point I'm lost or don't want to read it, but simple and straightforward, honest answers.

• I usually pick according to who provided the most detail or who answered my question effectively. Sometimes there are too many great answers to choose from, when this happens I usually choose no one.

• Whoever has the objectively best answer, regardless of whether I agree with it. If there's no one with a legitimately good answer, I don't give it. And if I ask an opinion question, I don't give best answer, because there is no BEST.

• The answer that perfectly answered my question.

• The one that seems the most helpful and that they tried to actually answer it sincerely. OR if it's not a serious question then a funny one. hahah. or one I enjoy most =)

• I pick it based on who actually answered it with a serious response if I had a serious question, and someone who gave a detailed answer.

• Randomly pick someone

What Guys Said 8

• I rarely do, but when I do, it's either the most clever one (for a humorous question) or which ever one I think is the most sound.

• An answer that was most helpful or an answer that is against whatever I'm asking about, but is very well written and justified. Pretty much what you said in the D in the poll.

• I give best answer to the person that gives the most insightful answer. If many people have great answers I pick the group of people that have about the same good answers and I let one of my friends that did not answer the question or gave a bad answer pick it

• I generally don't. The one time I did was when the person was nice enough to add information to the question topic.

• Definitely D.

Holy crap, I spelled definitely right on the first try!

• Uusually the perfect answer regardless of wheter I wanted to hear it or not.

• Based on who gave me the best discussion or answer. If it was a straightforward question, I'd choose the best answer regardless of anonymity or who they were. If it was a more controversial or multi-faceted question, even if I ended up disagreeing with the answer, if the person gave me a good discussion, usually that would mean we would be able to come to a sort of understanding and both of us would have taught each other things during the discussion, and I would give them best answer. It's happened to me before. Someone asked this offensive question about Muslims (I'm Muslim), and I had a long discussion with him about how Muslims were actually peaceful and how Islam stands for peace, not violence. Both of us were very civil during the discussion, and at the end of it (it lasted for a very long time too, with several essays being written haha), he gave me best answer. I would do the same for him if it were the other way around, too, because even if I didn't agree with him, he made me think, and he allowed me to finetune my own opinions and work on my debating skills while being civil about it.

Another big factor that goes into it is how much effort was put into the answer (although one time I gave a one-sentence response BA versus a long paragraph response, because the former was just short but sweet, and the latter didn't contribute much more information).

• whoever has the nicest ass judged by dr. d*** ://