Is GAG really just a place to complain/talk?

A lot of these questions are things most people already know the answer to and I think they just like to ask because they want to get their voice heard (for some reason they can't do it with their own people in real life). I get that some people have some serious problems that they'd rather not talk to their friends and family about because they're afraid of being judged but..strangers judge too. Why should it be any different?

So, is this just a place for people to get their voice heard (or in the case of the computer, their keyboards heard)

Most Helpful Girl

• well sure, everyone likes a bit of attention now and then.

but for some it's difficult to talk about things with your family or friends, because they judge or argue or simply don't help. like my mother for instance, she just talks about that one aspect she thinks is most important and forgets the bigger picture and her advice is totally unhelpfull because it's so far off the subject. when you write stuff in the big www, you know there must be at least one person to feel the way you do or who has done what you did and can understand you completely.

and for me, being judged by people I don't know is a hell of a lot easier than being judged by someone I love (in one way or another). honestly, I think I have trust issues, too, cause I rarely tell anyone I know in person about my secrets or feelings. maybe because I fear the power they have over me by knowing things they could use against me in a fight. strangers on the net you can block or avoid (even if you're the one leaving the site or creating a new account). friends or family you can't. and ties severed with a stranger aren't as bad as ties with a family member or friend.

What Girls Said 2

• Sometimes the person may know the answer but they doubt themselves.

Or sometimes the person wants a completely unbiased opinion.

They need to hear the advice from someone else outside of their circle.

I cannot tell you how many times my loved ones have told me something, but for some reason I needed to hear it from someone else.

Also, some of these people just want to see who out there has their same beliefs/opinions.

Gag is a site that is used for various reasons.

Yes, over the internet its easier for one to spread their views vs. real life where people may shoot you down or condemn you.

I say, whatever the reason the person uses gag let them enjoy it :)

• If people are using questions here as a guise to rant and you don't like it then ignore them. I agree the site isn't made for that. Surely you understand that to ask a question on here tends to give you unbiased logical answers (I know I'm generalizing but when people aren't emotionally involved their answers become more logically based). I think that's what this site is for, the anonymity gives a person an opportunity to be honest and not hold back, then they get the answers they may or may not want to hear.

What Guys Said 3

• I think it's both, kind of as you mentioned. People ask serious questions that they may not have anyone to ask in real life, or are too embarrassed to ask. But a lot of questions are just to get some validation. I ask these kinds of questions often, just to get other people's opinions on my situation.

• Im new and on here to hopefully find some good info on dating and anything relating to it that I want to know without asking my people I know because its a little personal and this way I can ask and talk to complete strangers as to not be judged. You are answering your own question to however because you are complaing and talking (typing) at the same time.

• yes