Would you be on GAG if you are very happy with your relationship?

Why is it I have a feeling that a lot of GAG users are insecure or unhappy with their relationship even though they say that they love their significant other a lot?Maybe I am wrong but just asking.Thanks.

Thank you very much for all responses.Glad to hear that those who are answering this question are very happy in their relationship.:)

I am asking because I have read posts of some attached/married men and women who mention that they talk to some particular persons of the opposite gender everyday on the Internet which I think is very strange.These same users say that they love their significant other a lot and hence my question.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, you might be right about some of the users, who happen to answer MANY threads on here. However, I think GAG had turned more into a social network rather than just a consultative website. The other day I saw a user asking for a religious section on this site, where the religion-related arguments take part. Thus, he (or she, can't remember) had clearly forgotten the actual purpose of the site, which is clearly stated in the title of it "GIRLS ASK GUYS".

People who are asking for advice about their relationships are NOT insecure or unhappy. In fact, they are superb and remarkably modest, in my opinion. I think it's extremely admirable to see someone caring this much about improving their relationship with their significant other. You read some of the silliest questions on here, and by silliest, I mean questions that hardly cross any mind. This means that the Asker cares very much about his/her partner that (s)he shows interest in the littlest things they do.

Of course, some users are just hateful and bitter. They generalize and type a lot of sexist opinions, based on their past experiences. They think that if your answer is blunt and rude, then it is truthful and not sugar-coated. But those people exist everywhere, and avoiding them is out of the question.

Just my thoughts. :)

What Guys Said 11

• Everybody's different. A lot of people assume based on my age that I frequent this site in order to chase after young women like some old pervert, when nothing could be further from the case. I come here to amuse myself, and occasionally offer some reasonable advice. At least it seems reasonable to me.

• Wasn't happy when I joined GAG

Got divorced

New girlfriend and nothing bad...much better than dating my ex wife and marriage!

:D

• Let's be real - would you use a repair service if your car is in a perfect condition?

It's the purpose of this site, to sort the sh*t, or at least to attempt it. When you're having emotional attachments, you're blind and helpless even in the face of a lot of problems, so the perspective of other people who have clear and unbiased vision to help them out is the reason why this site is here.

The social networking purpose of this site comes later - when you have been here for a while, when you're having fun and contacting other people, but the reason why you or anyone else actually signed up exactly here but not somewhere else... you see where I'm pointing at.

Saying the opposite - that people here totally don't have relationship problems is the same as saying that users of DevianArt are totally not interested in drawing or art only because they have an account there.. they're just there for the networking purpose...

• Yeah. I would give advice that I know works.

• Sure. I enjoy answering questions, and learning from other peoples questions and answers.

• the truth is they are lying, if they were happy they wouldn't want to talk about it here. They are more interested in random strangers perception (afraid of what others think of them) than just being real and telling the truth. Its pathetic because this is an online forum where no one actually knows anyone else...

• I am happy in my relationship. I'm here to better understand Western society where is going.

• Lol.I'm curious to know your conclusion.Where do you think the Wesrern society is going?Is it very different from the eastern?

• In Serbia is work from 8AM to 16PM. There is time for all. A lot of Serbian men are trying to sexually satisfy his wife. In Serbia there are not many divorces, as in the West. But that is changing for the worse.

• So short working hours in Serbia?A lot of Singapreans work 12 hours everyday so sex drive here is not high and the rate of birth is very low,making our government worried.Generally,Singapore women's expectation of a good marriage mate is a great personality and stable income and nothing much about being good in bed.The divorces here are usually because of financial problems as the houses in Singapore are so expensive.

• Yes, Since here one can gain some new experience and knowledge .

• I know I wouldn't be.

• Only for trolling purposes.

• You are wrong pretty long haired Singapore teacher girl with a pretty and sweet face :P I would still be on gag but not as much

• I have chin-length hair(bob) and not long hair.A lot of people say that they like my hair because they think it suits my face shape and because it is jet black.I have never dyed my hair before and it is very natural.Most Singaporeans like to dye their hair.I don't know why.

• *one inch below the chin*

What Girls Said 3

• Questions that stemmed out of discontentment are what got me here.

Though what kept me around are seeing the random threads and sometimes rather deep questions that get asked from time to time. There always seems to be something not relationship based in the top and popular questions, from politics, religion, morals, etc. Its a community built up on being able to ask freely. That's what's interesting to me.

I am currently redicously happy in my current relationship situation. I may be on here less because I'm am spending less time on the net for it, but I'm still here.

• probably not so often, but I think I would still be here.

• I actually love my boyfriend a lot even though I'm on here. I have been annoyed at him only once for something insignificant that I can't even remember. Sometimes it pissed me off when his crazy exes showed up to his gigs (he used to be a musician on the side), but that's about it.

It's fun.