Why do all the Xper related things cost twice as much now?

Last time I checked, things cost half as much as they do now, and that's sort of bothersome. I figured I should feature a question, but it's just not worth it for 1000 - especially as I can see my Xper history saying it cost 500 the last time I did it!

Most Helpful Girl

• We have more opportunities to earn Xper! With the increasing Xper opps (such as sweepstakes, contests, and more questions to answer), we also raised a few of the redeemable point values. :)

• Thank you for the answer! :)

• I know it's costly to give prizes, but most of them seem so unattainable. There are so many things we don't get points for: If someone sends/accepts a friend request, answers or agrees with a your question, and for every time our question is rated, not just the first (because it shows we are interesting/helpful - isn't that what this site is about?), enter a contest or write a story (whether or not you win or get posted, you should still be given something for trying to contribute).

• Those are some great points - but unfortunately, we've tried many of them, and found that they also lend themselves to Xper point abuse and fraud. However, if you have ideas on how to earn more Xper, please contact us! We always read suggestions and consider them:

link

Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• All the people with ad block caused GaG inflation.

What Girls Said 3

• More and more people are going on here for the prize so they gotta make it further away to reach so people don't just get free stuff so easily

• Hmm, I wonder if the active user count really HAS increased by that much over time.

But that does seem like a rational reason.

• Well I see more and more new users but they're never really doing much lol

• As more people join the website, they can't afford to give out stuff as freely so they charge more to limit the amount that goes out. That's what would seem to make sense to me anyway.

• I don't know, it's really high. They should raise the xper you get from doing things on here

What Guys Said 3

• So they don't empty their pockets to people like me.

• Must be because of George W Bush. That's the only logical reason I could think of. I mean he's blamed for everything else, so just tack this one on too.

• That explains it, especially because your XPER is exactly 666.

• Exactly.

• Yeah I guess that would be something relevant just over 4 years ago when he was sitting President. We have a new devil in office now.

• Obama's fault.