Why do some people ask extremely personal questions on GaG?

Why do some people ask extremely personal questions on here then not allow anonymous answers? Some of us want to help answer your question but don't want everyone to know this personal side of ourselves. It's not that it is bad but in my case the question I just want to help a girl with might open a door to having some guys on here trying to contact me for things I don't want to talk to them about.

Most Helpful Girl

• I guess they want to know who is helping them and they are trying to block those that troll (by not allowing anonymous answers).

What Guys Said 3

• says the anonymous user. Well if random guys wanna contact you, then just don't accept the contact. You have the power here to choose whom you want to talk too, your always gonna get a lot of trolls and creepers, but that's the internet.

• Of course I have the power but sometimes it's a nuisance so if I could avoid it I would.

• And answering anonymously is also having the power to cut back on how many guys/trolls do that.

• Well, you don't know any of us in real life so I don't see what the issue is

• The issue is I don't want people trying to get to know because all of a sudden I answer a sexuality question and they think I am easy or something. I think most of the girls on here will know what I am talking about.

• Why do you care what people on this website think? The point of this website is to get help, not impress people

• usually if it's a dude asking a dirty question with no anon he wants to see the usernames so he can followup with private messages and harass -_-

• It's funny because I want to answer some questions anon so I won't get harassed and messaged by guys like that.

• I see it more with girls though.

• same here. I think selfish nailed it by saying they want to stop trolls and random a**holes by doing it.

What Girls Said 2

• If they're asking an extremely personal question, they probably want to avoid people trolling/harassing them; so people have to stand behind what they poat, rather than hiding behind anonymity.

I can understand it from both points of view.

• True. I always allow anon answers because I don't bother myself with the trolls and haters but that is me.

• You could send her a personal message. one person knowing its you vs. 1000 is better.

• It's OK, it was explained to me that it is to avoid trolls and haters. I am sure someone helped her with her problem by now. Thanks anyway.

• It was a good suggestion.