Are there any other guys on GAG who like to dress up?

I do. Are there any other guys here who will put on a good suit not just because they have to for work or an interview, but enjoy wearing it? What do you wear your suits for? Where do you get them? What is your favorite suit/shirt/tie combination?

I get mine at Jos. A. Bank and Men's Wearhouse. I mostly wear them for church and work, but I'll wear one when I go out with friends (provided they're dressing up, too). My favorite suit is my solid black with a blue shirt and a paisley tie.

Guys, let's face it. Suits make us look awesome.

Most Helpful Guy

• Very rarely, but on occasion. You said not for any reason but for me, that's my only reason or motivation to dress up. I like looking sharp every once in a while. Back in high school when I eas in ROTC, uniform days were kind of cool because I was one of the few that actually took pride in being textbook precise with my uniform. That carries over into me dressing up now.

However, I'm far too casual to want to dress up for nothing at all. Part of me doesn't like the extra atyention that comes from being noticeably sharp looking. I'd much rather throw on my gear for my bike and go riding. I feel badass with that stuff on :)

• Don't get me wrong, I still like to stay casual. I don't wear my suits for no reason, but I do like putting on a good suit if the need should arise.

• My manager and I were joking around about that today, about mobster style. On Tuesday, Jos. A. Bank is doing their Super Tuesday sale and everything in the store is seventy percent off. The Executive Collection is 595 at regular price, so that should come out to just under 180 before tax and alterations (JAB does charge for alts). Just a though :-)

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 13

• Absolutely. My most expensive piece of clothing is a custom $2000 3 pc suit imported from Italy. I can't begin to tell you how many looks I've gotten with that on when paired with a great hat. A well-dressed man looks like he means business and feels great about himself too.

• I don't think I'm at the point of hats yet, but I have considered it. I still like to go casual most of the time, but I will not mind getting dressed up if the need should arise.

• You have to wear the hat with confidence to pull it off. Look like you know you're the best dressed man in the room and proud, then watch the looks. :)

• If I lived in Seattle where it is cooler year round sure, but in south Florida it is hot and muggy. It's rarely a pleasure to wear more clothing then necessary here.

• Yeah, it's been obnoxiously hot the last couple of weeks in Kansas :-/

• During the winter, the time that I usually don't mind spending a few bucks, I like to take my lady out to a five star restaurant. I usually wear my black three piece suit, burgundy silk tie, with a matching handkerchief and scarf. During other seasons, my favorite is my dark grey three piece suit, white shirt, dark grey silk tie, and a poke-a dot handkerchief.

• Absolutely. I love going to college in a buttoned up shirt, smooth pants, and casual, or office-type shoes. I also enjoy wearing a suit and tie even if I don't have a presentation, or any reason for wearing it other than for myself (to feel good). Plus, I get treated more like an adult when I dress up. I like that a lot.

• Work, meetings, weddings, etc of course. Sometimes though I want to be well dressed when I go a very nice restaurant.

• Those two seem do be the places I'd get a suit from. I haven't worn a suit just to wear one unless I'm going out and it's appropriate, but I do feel a sense of swagger when I am sporting a suit.

• I'm the same way. I welcome chances to wear one, but I don't go out in a suit just to wear it. I like to dress up, but there has to be some kind of purpose behind it.

• got a friend here -- I have tons of suits... almost all my suits are from banana republic.

Fav suit -- three buttoned grey suit with white shirt and solid black tie.

• Sounds good. Three-button isn't really my thing, but there are some guys it works out really nicely for.

• I do!

I wish had more money to buy more shirts!

I sometimes dress up with tie and slacks for school lol

• i always liked wearing one. I only ever really wore one to work but I always enjoy it. Girls love it too lol

• I like to wear mismatching outfits at home for no other reason than I think its funny

No one ever sees me, It's just a joke with myself, the thought that somewhere there's a guy in a crazy outfit just folding clothes or watching t.v cracks me up, and I love being that guy

my current favorite is a long corduroy duster coat, cargo pants, socks and sandals and a trucker cap

But it seems you were talking about formal dress..

• Yeah they do!

• Who doesn't looking fresh:D haha,

• i hate it. I find them really uncomfortable