Do you think GAG users can be too mean?

I feel like I can ask a simple question and I get like anon users yelling/saying rude things to me. Like that isn't what this site is for, and I'm pretty sure 90% of the people saying those things would never have the nerve to say those things if they werent hiding behind their computer screen.

Has anyone done this to you?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I agree, there is a difference between a little tough love and just no compassion. Nobody is perfect and shouldn't feel bad for the questions they ask or mistakes they make. That's the whole point of posting a quesiton we want someone to help us who understands but we hope they are nice about it instead of ignorant. I hate when something simple turns into this drawn out debate. The people I feel who are mean spend waay too much time online and feel like they now have some kind of power like they own the internet or something lol. If it's not the cocky girls who come off as bitchy it's the guys who don't think before they speak. I just try to filter them out like they don't matter *flips hair* lol

What Guys Said 11

• Why are you asking this question?!?! This isn't what this site is for! Lol I'm just messing with you. One of the biggest lessons I've learned over these past years of my life is this: no matter where you go, no matter who you are, there will always be haters, mean people, dumbasses, and stupid people around who just want to give you crap because they're sh*tty human beings. The best thing the rest of us can do is ignore them and/or stand up for ourselves when necessary. Don't let people on here get you down, you're better than that.

• lmao at first I was like "-___- really?" but you're right, like I feel like the people that say those mean things to people on here must have low self esteem issues or something.. and it doesn't as much get me down, as much as it really ticks me off. Mostly because I would never talk to someone with some disrespect, and if any one in my real life talked to me like that I would flip.

• I understand what you're saying. It sucks, especilly since they can hide behind an anonymous veil. It's just like bullies though, they get satisfaction from giving people sh*t, but deep down they're just losers. Don't let these kinds of people get you down!

• Oh yeah. Definitely. I think everyone has been mean at least once on here. Some do it on purpose, some do not realize it.

• I figure I've been real MEAN sometimes, I mean sometimes I get angry at someone. But, I don't like to think I'm so bad. There are some cats here who are just unnecessarily unhelpful about all matters. Insufferable a**holes. I mean, I would excuse them if they were, you know, funny, or something. But they ain't.

• I haven't had too much experience with that. The few that I have seen are either insecure or just plain stupid.

• yes, I've been reduced to a bubbly mass of tears on here several times.

• i feel as tho you aren't being serious

• He's right. He comes to me, he says, 'Jack! Jack! They said I wa-'

And I say, 'Don't call me by that name! Don't you know those goddamn scag swine are always listening on us?'

'I'm sorry, man, just let me in! Let me in! I can't take it out here anymore! They ran me dry! The rode me out! The wrung me out! They beat me down like an old rug! They shook me down like a spent mattress!'

It's terrible to see a MOUNTAIN of a man get reduced like that.

• lol, that's pretty epic :D

• Maybe you take things the wrong way?

• ehhh no. I know the difference between saying the truth and being down right mean. Ill try and find a question with people being that way

• very true there are.. and its just sad people can't respect others when there on here. and

my baby's great =). My ex is still an a**hole, and I'm doing the single mom thing but I really couldn't be happier with being a mom.

• Yep. It the Internet. People are rude. I have been called stupid, pathetic, brain dead, moron, to just name some recent ones from this site.

Reversly, I have also been reported for being rude.

• Nope

• I agree that people could stand to be a little nicer, however...they're still going to tell you the "truth". Isn't that what you came here for...?

• theres the truth and then there's people being rude.

like I'm all for the truth even if it hurts my feelings, but attacking someone on there question isn't what I'm here for or what the site is supposed to be about

• you must be new to internet forums :PP. it's really tame here compared to other places but it sucks either way cause people use the internet to be douches a lot of the time

• lol I'm not, however this is the only one I use regularly. and right, but I would be any money if gag took away the option to comment anon not nearly as many people would act that way

• i think it would help a bit if they had no anon but really I think people who do the trolling wouldn't stop theyd just find another way to do it like if they made a new account probably

• very very true

• What did they say that was so mean?

• I was posted a question about having a kid and being a single mom, and this anon grl wrote about how I disgusting for not being married and that its my fault and I should live with it. and telling me I should kept my legs closed.. I mean 22 years old, I can have a kid if I want and me being single was my choice because the babys dad turned into a psycho, but it made me mad that people have the balls to say that stuff.

• I didn't know, and that wasn't even part of the question I asked and the girl attacked me about it

• Just ignore the trolls and keep moving on.

What Girls Said 7

• I noticed your comment on the male answer and people on here tend to be conservative and up their asses regarding sexuality and relationships. They know what's best for EVERYONE but themselves

Let it go. They've got a lot of nerve because this site creates the idea that virginity and inexperience is what the world revolves around and whenever people come on here seeking real advice, they flip the f*** out

Don't worry about it

And what I say on here I say to anyone. Ask my mom or friends lol they'll tell ya

But I do think the screen gives people e-courage to say sh*t they'd never say. It can be a good thing or bad thing. Good because people sometimes need outside sources or a place to vent or release private info. Bad cause they abuse it

• exactly, like I won't ask any question like that anymore because I'm so tired of people acting that way. and same here I will tell people the truth on here, but I'm not condescending about it in the least and I'm like that with people that I know as well. and it wouldn't be half as bad is if the person wouldn't go anon, ya know. because they know what theyre saying is ignorant

• I'm sorry

People suck and stick their noses in situations they know nothing about

And it also sucks when people abuse their ability to go anonymous

sorry

• its okayyy, I'm just venting lol. it bugs me when someone does it to me or if I see it

• That's just how the internet is. If there is no way of someone finding out who you are, people will take advantage of that.

• very true, I just makes me so mad, like people really have no respect for anyone

• No one has ever really "attacked" me, but sometimes I sense an attitude in their response. I think it really unnecessary. I don't see the point in commenting, if you're they're just going to be bitchy and rude about it. Some people don't acquire the ability be both honest and tactful. And of course, everyone is quick to pass judgements on others. That's life, unfortunately.

• People today are quick to criticize, quick to condemn, quick to judge. If somebody is just not like them, if they're a little different, some just don't understand. Instead of giving the person the benefit of the doubt, they look him or her up and down and pick out all the faults they can find.

"I would never dress like that." "Why would she want to wait until marriage?!" "If I were her, I wouldn't wear that much makeup." "He is not doing enough in his job hunt." "You spend too much money." "If I were you, I wouldn't drive that."

How someone spends money, what they drive, how they behave in their personal life, what they drive, etc... That is all none of my business.

• exactly, like said in one comment I asked a question like a year ago asking how to get my ex back because I was pregnant, and this anon girl decided to call me a slut instead of simply not askng the question. like it was so beyond rude

• No. I love it because I know I'm getting honesty rather fakeness like in real life.

• really? I feel there's a line between being turthful and trying to be hurtful

• To me it depends on the question. If its a stupid, obvious answer question, ngl, I'll give a snarky sarcastic answer. Other than that, there is a fine line between being honest and just plain rude.

• yeah I completely agree

• Hell yeah, that's why I'm getting tired of this site, and it's getting boring too. I'll just wait a little longer to collect some points & I'm out.

• Im getting tired of it too, like I barely do anything on here anymore because people act that way. like if I wanted lectured id talk to my mother.

• True.