Did you join this site for the right or wrong reasons?

I'm just curious how many people joined GAG, because they

actually legitimately needed help or advice? And, how many

just join to talk about sex and nothing else?

My reason for joining were and still are legitimate, actually it was

kind of a fluke thing that I joined. I was looking something up on

Google and this site came up and thought "Hey, why not!" Thus,

me joining. So, legitimate or not? That's the question!

• Yes, my reasons for joining were and still are legtimate.
  • No, I just came on here to talk about sex and nothing else.

Most Helpful Guy

• Neither of the answer choices work for me. I joined a couple years ago. I was looking up a question I had about this girl on google, and I found a question on this site, but it still didn't work for me. But this site gave me the option of writing my own question semi-anonymously (I didn't use the anon feature but no one knew who I was) and getting answers that worked for my specific situation. And I kept going on the site because while I was waiting for responses to my question, I answered other people's questions and actually found it very fun and satisfying even. I stayed on the site for a solid year.

I then took a break from the site from about September 2011 till about a month ago, and I wasn't planning on staying here long, but it seems like I might. Nowadays I go anon for most things though. Probably because I don't wanna get too emotionally connected to the site again, if that makes sense.

• So, my reason for joining was legitimate, my reason for staying was twofold (I still had questions, and I liked answering questions and helping others), and a month ago, my reason for joining was that I wanted to check out the site to see what it was like (and by the way, it hasn't changed much I've noticed haha), and my reason for staying is that once again, I'm enjoying answering questions. Plus, there are pretty chill people on here to talk to.

• You said at the end "if that makes sense" And, it totally does make sense. Sorry, for not being more clear.

• Oh haha. Okay good :P

What Guys Said 7

• I joined because I enjoy giving advice. I've lived a lot in my 32 years and made a lot of mistakes as well as accomplishments. On a side note I'm working overseas and I'm bored as hell at night.

• I came to this site to answer questions.

Thanks for the question :p

• Not sure if we define "legitimate" the same way...I did not come on here to sext with people...a year-and-a-half ago I was surfing the net and saw a fetish question which matches mine and I thought that I could answer questions about that...and I have...not as many questions as I thought...but I have answered quite a few...(:(:(:

• I want to help people who are having relationship difficulties or are nervous about asking someone out.

• does intent to learn some sex tricks count as a legitimate reason;)

• Probably not! : ) You're a little wisenheimer, aren't you lol?

• Is there really a right reason to join this site?

• I joined to ask all my questions that someone might think were weird to ask if I asked in person. Not to talk about sex.

What Girls Said 7

• I joined searching for discussion forums.. the searched advice forums.. not to get advice.. but to give. Cos I'm good like that (Bar a couple, Trololol) But definitely and still legitimate. The site is fascinating.. I find most questions to be a bit WTF.. most answers are in the question. People should read their own sh*t, they'll realize they already know the answer. But it's OK. Gives me something to do for a few minutes :)

• I joined this site because I needed help.

Unfortunately, I don't have many people I can open up to real life.

I wanted to join a site where no body knew me and where opinions would be unbiased.

• I joined for the right reasons. I googled a question about flirting, and stumbled on here. I joined and have been here almost 3 years. When I started, I mainly asked questions but am now more about helping other people. Although, even though I'm still here to help others, I'd love to get a couple prizes. I just wish it wouldn't take out so much of my day to earn enough points.

• Legit. I was having a really stressful time and needed some insight. All the other Internet articles seemed to be crap, so I went to find real answers and came across here. I've seen some decent questions and answers, and I like giving people advice so my intentions are still good. :)

• I joined this it's like you through google search so I would say for a legi reason. I have since Learned a lot more from reading some of the Q and A s.

• I join to get an advice and to give advice. I just answer the question I have knowledge. Since I don’t have knowledge in s*x I don’t answer or read the question regarding s*x :D

:D

• I joined to ask for advice and then started giving advice. No I didn't join for anything sexual, I don't like sex, very much at all. But, I did find an amazing boyfriend we've been together 4 months now :D

• Well, that's very awesome! I'm happy for you! : )

• Maybe, you never know. Right?

• exactly :)