Why do women give so many more best answers here? And, mostly, to other women only?

Please don't just say it's because women are smarter, or more sensitive, etc.

Although I do think they tend not to give one or two word answers, they do explain themselves more fully than a lot of the guys do, speaking of course in general. And they are more open about their feelings, of course, since most guys are taught it's not manly to discuss them publicly..

I dare anyone to give a one or two word answer to this question!

Ok, wise guy She's Silly gave a two word answer, but it doesn't count because it's not grammatically correct! You can't leave out the subject!
Of course the women who are doing this are, for the most part, not going to post messages defending it..it's like when you say, 'a lot of people here are racists.' Very few are going to post messages saying, 'Yes, and I'm one of them.' No, you're going to get the people posting who'll deny they are racists...and for the most part, truthfully.. but what about the silent people?

Most Helpful Girl

• Because most guys are jerks and we get hurt over and over again.

We learn from our lessons and give advice to other women so they

wont go through the same thing or worst.

Guys is different, Most guy questions are about something else

rather than relationships.

Ive seen more questions coming from guys about sex or about other random things.

(Which I'm not interest to help them cause it will just be a waste of my time)

What Girls Said 20

• The guys do tend to give one-word answers, or not take the question seriously. Women can be more empathetic. I'm sorry, but that's just what it is.

• Appreciation

Guys usually answer my question and put a lot of detail into their answers so I usually give them BA. Detailed answers from girls are few in number.

Girls are detailed in relationship focused answers but I don't ask those questions so I guess that's why I don't give BA to girls as often.

I haven't noticed what you've noticed.

• It took me a couple of years here before I realized this...maybe not in your case, but overall it's clearly the pattern!

• I don't know. What's the male-female ratio on this site? If there are more women it would ony make logical sense that more women would get the votes. I know you said don't say it's cause women are more sensitive.. But in general women ARE more sensitive, in both their answers they give and in the answers they expect. Guys on here are brutally honest sometimes (which is a good thing). But a girl looking fr answers might not really want brutal honesty, so she chooses the more sensitive answer as a result of that.

• I don't know stats on women vs men here, I'd say it's about equal thoough in terms of numbers.

But look at the best answer stats for the girls vs guys...very few guys have the percentage of best answers that many of the girls have.

• I answer questions based on my own interest level and whether or not I can actually say something to help. I never really thought about whether I answer more questions asked by men or women. I do know that I lean toward answering certain types of questions, like guys who've been friend zoned, obsessive women, and how to ask him/her out.

Sometimes we do things unconsciously, unintentionally, and it takes someone like you to point it out.

My question is to you is...why does that bother you?

Im curious to see what my track record is. Off to check my answer stats.

• AFter a while I noticed that what I thought were good answers weren't generally given any BAs by girls, unless I was one of only two answers or something like that...it took me a long time before I realized this was a pattern...It doesn't bother me that much, since after all there's zilch I can do about it! but I'm curious to see how many honest answers I'll get. Not many, so far...

• How can you tell if they're honest or not?

• The ones who just flat deny this is happening, are either naive, or just dishonest...and I don't think that many are naive...

• I have yet to give out a BA. But I hope they are given out on account of the quality of their answers.

• You've been here only two days.y'know, I'm not surprised a New Zealand girl plays it straight. Take my word for it, you're an exception!

• I'd have a bigger problem with people who don't give out BA's at all, tbh.

• Me too, most people never do!

• I went though my questions which I've selected best answer on and it's pretty evenly spread. One up to the guys, but still pretty even.

So I don't lean to the trend you've mentioned. Can't say I've noticed it much either.

• Not everyone is prejudiced, but the overall trend is clear. Naturally, the people commenting are the ones who are't prejudiced..the prejudiced ones stay quiet...

• Don't know.

• LOL in all seriousness to answer your question, I haven't personally noticed this and always give BA to the answer I like the most that was most thoughtful/insightful, what most people liked, or something that made me laugh.

• Glad you admit defeat

• This should get BA for real. That was funny and insightful as hell. Are you going to deny because she is a woman and it would be going against the grain?

• Does this mean that you won't give BA to a woman because it goes against your question?Because I work for my BA's and if that's the case I am striking right now. lol Anyways to answer your question: Some Guys usually are 1. Usually not used to giving acknowledgement and Best Answer is a way of showing that you appreciate the person who gave you the answer you are actually looking for 2. Some guys are just rude but then again so are some females 3. Some Guys probably feel like the answers aren't good for BA or since they got their answer they don't need they can just up and go on to the next one without any care of those who poured out their souls to give them great advice ( you see that behavior in life too). Females on the other hand understand the need for appreciation and since the way you show appreciation on this site is through BA they give it more. 2. Females usually take the time to answer questions properly. So although it seems as if a women might give other women BAs more often, its not biased at all. We just have more practice when it comes to giving advice as opposed to men who just want to make your problem go away.

• Some women are sexist they feel comfortable with their own kind. I used to feel comfortable around women but now I don't trust them that is why only five girls are my friends and the rest are guys. I like people who are honest and blunt with me. I will occassionally like the best answer to be a woman├Ęs if it is something I want to hear but I try not to be like. I try to be like the people who will giving great definitions and seemed to understand whatever the topic is, I also look at their level and experience and age...

• no one is taught its dignified to discuss feelings. some people care, some people dont. men really don't have a corner on the market, where hiding feelings- or better yet, having none at all, is strong, & rational & having feelings,or expressing then, is weak & animalistic.

men, might worry more about what other people think. if you say they talk about their feelings less, tho I don't see it that way.

but EVERYONE has to deal with the pressure of feelings being held in such ill repute. everyone.

As for BA. I never give bA. I am asking a question, wanting to know how people think about something. I'm not asking a question, to show favoritism. I want to hear everyones opinion. there's no point, in which I'm done asking my question. BA, encourages people to stop responding. I do however. give 5 stars for any question, I red. whether its good or bad. if I took time out to read it, then why not help the person out.

• I think women are just more thorough in general, we like to add a lot of detail but guys just keep it simple

• Hmm I'm pretty sure selected a BA for guys as well...I just select ba thatS insightful/has answered my question/is funny.

• Mabey they can relate better to females and the topics they speak about they can give advice about things they understand I've never really noticed that women give more best answers on here then men.

• I didn't notice for a couple of years, either...but they're pretty prejudiced against men, on the whole.

• That's not the general case, even if it's true for you..

• Thats not good then

• To be honest, I usually find the males to be the best answerer for my questions. Sometimes they surprise me, sometimes they don't. I think I'm pretty fair, don't you?

• I can't say but I no I personally get more best answers from guy the women

• Well, exactly, we men don't favor each other as you women generally do; in fact, as you say, we ALSO tend to favor women for BA overall, I'd say.

• WEll, ahem, when it comes to teenagers, think they notice much else? You're pretty attractive, otherwise!

• Well thanks and I don't pay much attention to teenagers nor hang out with them lol since I'm not a teenager I'm 23 soo

• Oh that reminds me...I need to select best answers for my questions.

• Yes, it's one way to communicate! Bravo!

• I'll go through and give you best answer on all the questions you answered from me just to make you feel better :P

• Well, yes, that will make me feel better, to be honest! Thanks so much!

• I don't even notice that. When I give BA it's because I like the answer, not because of the gender.

• I didn't notice until I'd been here a couple of years,but if you pay attention, you'll see it's generally true, even if not in your individual case...

• I never notices this, I'll have to pay more attention

• Guys have the question, we have the answer.

• I've given best answer mostly to men I'd say

• The ones who are giving their answers to women only, are not likely going to post messages bragging about it...

What Guys Said 9

• Women aren't much concerned with fairness.

They wouldn't admit that, but we all know it's true.

We guys should learn to stick together more, since they sure do.

• I disagree, Sir. Women always want fairness, before women are not allowed to study, to have a work. Wife just has to stay in the house and let their husband provide for the family. But as you can see nowadays women can study and can work and can provide to their families. I think that’s fairness.

• Not always I like to be fair to people

• dang you have a lot of down arrows. Female solidarity I suppose?

• On average, females tend to patronize and support each other (even when she is blatantly incorrect in her actions).

On averages females are a lot less blunt than males.

So a female asker, asking about a situation...

average male give a stark answer, giving her blunt feedback about her wrongdoings as well as what the other person/people did as well

average female comforts her, gives her feedback about her wrongdoing in a more empathetic and comforting way, and does the same about the other person/people.

---------------

Frankly, being on this site for 2.5 years, I have NEVER recalled seeing a stark male answer (as described above) being given "best answer", by a female asker, about a matter directly concerning her.

• Correct.

• It happened to me once, so it does happen, it is just rare.

link

• when it comes to questions about men, I am more inclined to take advice from men. A female would have to give a stellar answer to even be considered for best answer in that case.

• I personally never give BA's just because I rarely receive answers to my questions that are even worth while. I know most of the time. I right very thorough answers to people's questions and that is how I get BA's. I don't give BA's to one sentence answers.

• well if this only refers to G@G, what also could be a factor is that there are more girls on the site answering plenty of questions, many guys are trolling for girls and just let us down.

I do agree with many of the answers stating that women are more likely to say what someone wants, whereas guys are more likely to tell it like it is.

I've seen this plenty especially in the "i am not that fat and how to diet to lose this baby muffin top fat" questions.

• Because women are more likely to say what someone wants, whereas guys are more likely to tell it like it is, even if it pisses people off.

• I think I am pretty straight forward in my answers so I am inclined to disagree

• yeah, your right man. This has been the case in many question, so I've seen myself.

• omg yes! I noticed that too! an I am new to this site, it's already starting to make me leave XD

• The do try to explain themselves more, but it's also the women who'll beat an issue to death with the comments.

Seems women have something to prove with their answers, whereas men will disagree and say live and let live most of the time.

• Idk, I've got a one in 10 best answer ratio, that doesn't seem too bad

• Because women tend to support each other, and tell each other what they want to hear.

• If I found out any of my friends just told me what I wanted to hear, I would be royally pissed off. Sure you do have some women who can't seem to hear the truth but not all do that.

• I'm pretty sure it's because women ask more questions overall.

• Oh for the 2nd part, women help more than guys do here.