Do you think it's possible to fall in love with someone on GAG?

Do you think it's possible to fall in love with someone on GAG or are you just in love with there profile

Most Helpful Girl

• Love is a lie...

What today's modern society calls love.. is not, in fact, love.

Love is a one time thing.

It does not fade.

Love does not fade.

Love does not Divorce.

Want to see love, look at old people.

What we call love... is simple lust, called love, so we can stomach it...

We lie to ourselves every. single. f.ucking. day.

and... I, for one, hate it.

/rant

• do you go to therapy?

• I believe it exists.. but is rarely found anymore...

link

• I doubt love is any more uncommon today than it was 100 years ago. My parents seem like the "Love Lite" we defined earlier. They fight lots nowadays, and a lot of the time seem kind of close together, and it's nice to see them enjoy some romantic moments, but I have a feeling a good 40% of the spark they started out with has disappeared.

Most old couples I see don't have real love. It's very rare. So I agree, it probably exists and is rare, but I would take the "anymore" out of your sentence.

What Girls Said 20

• Of course it is.

I've fallen inlove over the internet before, but I was a lot younger (about 11 or 12) when this happened. I fell inlove with the persons attitude (I got to know them inside out). Sometimes being on the computer gives a person the chance to expose themselves and not hold back vs. real life the person might be cautious of what they say, or what they reveal.

• I think that when this kind of scenario happens, it's mostly the person falling in love with the person they've created in their mind, of what they think the other person is like. You create a world, a character & personality for a person you do not know. You fall in love with the person that is portrayed, which in most cases does not match the real person behind the monitor. So in a sense, it could be a type of love but not guaranteed that you'll actually love the person if you met them in RL.

• Yes eaeaea, said well.

• It's like any other site that allows profiles with personal info and pictures. It happens and it is possible. I don't recommend it but it's possible. You just run the risk of falling in love with a pretty picture that might turn out to be the wall that hides the fat, bald, pedophile sitting in his basement sending you love letters in PM... just be cautious, I guess lol

• I don't think it possible to fall in love without ever meeting in person.

Online, how can you know if there's any chemistry? You might think you like (love) them, but what if you meet in person and there's just nothing?

• Impossible. I've made a few really good friends on here that I talk outside with, and there's like two I can say I love as a friend, but in love... No way. No way in freaking hell.

• Nope I don't think its possible. Then again I don't believe in online love. It's not something I'm into.

• Probably only have a crush but I don't think you can fall in love with someone you've never met

• I think you can. Love is blind... It is possible to fall in love with someone based on their personality and qualities as a person. If you are a person who does not judge one by their looks.. it is very possible to fall in love with someone over the internet, but as I said... the problem is just knowing whether they are who they say they are. But that's what webcams are for.

• I think you have a crush but not love. You'd have to have a more substantial relationship to call it love. It would be posable to meet someone one her and have a relationship and then go from there.

• Anything is possible really. You can fall with anything mostly, but anything online is more than likely an addiction rather than true love... and people often mistake love with getting used to something or becoming addicted to something.

• Love has more depth than words on a profile!

• But depending on the person, they may be able to come accross so well, even through what they write, that you can fall in love. I'm deployed, and have a sponsor back home. 23 year old college girl, really cute and one of the most amazin people I have ever spoken with. I have never met her, and all we do is email (and she sends me stuff lol) But I have a HUGE crush on her. Its possible :)

• Sure, a huge crush is possible. But you can't truly know someone until you interact with them in person. And you can't love someone until you know them!

• Love rears its head in many forms. On any level, it's more an emotional connection than anything. It's possible.

• You would have to know them in person.

• fall in love? no.

have a crush? yes. possible.

• No in order to love someone you have to know them inside and out

• It's called a crush dude, how can you even think to someone you don't know the face?

• Lol, no, I do not. I think people may come here and talk themselves into feeling love for someone here, but that's it. No offense, but the idea of it sounds very lame.

• i personally can't fall in love with someone on the internet has to be in person. humans are mammals and mammals are social creatures, you grow psychologically when you socialize with someone in person, and love is psychological too, so you can't be in love with someone on a cyber network. that's just my opinion.

• Yeah I think so. I think someone fell in love with me, but I guess I'm not sure. We chatted on here and Skyped a bunch. But nothing sexual and we never met in person or anything.

• I think your just in love with their profile.

• No maybe lust

• Just in love with what you know of them but there's so much more to find out.

• you can become infatuated by many means but you can't love someone you never met

What Guys Said 11

• I don't think so. I think you can fancy someone, even if it is just based on their profile. I think you can be attracted to them in a variety of ways, from out and out lust, to feeling like you have a spiritual connection with them.

But love? I don't think so. I think at the very least, you have to meet someone face to face to really get a chance of falling in love with them.

• Imo, yes it's possible, if you exchange phone #'s and webcam information, and communicate that way.

It makes sense; all of the emotions of seeing the person, and hearing their voice, imo can spark love.

• It's all false love and fantasy unless you can hear their voice and see them on cam. Agreed! It could possibly happen. :]

• I really did think it was. I almost did. It was scary. and it led to me being more confused than I had ever been. I to this day am lost at what actually happened.

• Nope. I've seen some girls on here who I think would be cool in real life and I enjoy reading their opinions on this website, but that's as far as it goes. Love is an incredibly intimate, face to face kinda feeling, I've experienced it in the past...and I don't think it would translate at all through a computer screen, and if it did it would be nothing more than a watered down crush masquerading as love.

• The word you want to use is infatuation. You can really really like some one, but not love them. Fortunately you can always meet and bam who knows the reality might turn out to be sh*t compared to the virtual or maybe it might grow into something awesome. The truth is I don't know personally but pictures and writting is not enought to fall in love.

• Based on profile, no.

Based on chat ... idk. Sort of yes, sort of no.

• i certainly believe it is

• No, its infatuation

Anyone that feels like theyre in love over the internet needs to get a reality check, that. sh*t. doesn't. work.

move. on.

• The possibility depends on your degree of desperation

• I don't think so.

• Ive crushed pretty hard a few times, each one can go to hell if you ask me though.