Should there be a minimum characters for answers/comments on this site?

The question descriptions do have a minimum character to post.

Doing the same will eliminate answers / comments that literally say "yes", "no", "sure", "that's stupid", "blah", "duh", etc.

What do you think? Please vote and reply.

Thanks for answering. :)

• Yes, for answers and comments
  • Yes, for answers only
  • Yes, for comments only
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I think there should be a minimum. It would weed out some of the people that are just looking to quickly earn some points. After all, isn't this site about giving thoughtful and honest answers to help people? It seems like that's changed.

What Girls Said 4

• If there was, I don't think people would be answering questions as often. Especially, if it takes up time and god knows no one likes putting in effort. And plus, if they did, it'll just be an answer full of unnecessary bs just to fulfill or meet the guidelines. Also, you have to take into account how many characters are we talking? 20? That's durable..50+? Hell no

• Filling up the lines with BS would take more time to do...and would either deter people from putting cheap answers, or would simply take longer to do...

... so people don't quickly get (undeserved) XPer points.

It happens in business all the time; inconveniencing ppl, make people take something for free (XPer points and prizes from them) less frequently.

• Nope.

• I think there should. It teaches people to get to the point in as little words as possible.

A lot of people don't have the patience to read a Encyclopedia Volume of stuff.

I am one of those people.

• No, sometimes short answers are all that's required. ;)

What Guys Said 4

• No.

This is a one word yes or no question or possibly 2 words "not sure"

Many others are like this. "Do you like my dress" "Do you eat Jamaican food"

• Si.

• Just an example of why I feel one word answers are not very insightful and helpful to a question asker. It's answer that doesn't explain the answer's logic. "I'll take my three points now, please."

• No

• No answers are like "blah" or "duh". And "yes" or "no" answers can be useful.

• How is that useful exactly? I don't see what kind of advice you can take from "blah" o.o

• I didn't say "blah" answers were useful lol. I said they didn't exist. As far as I know, that is. I said "yes" or "no" answers could be useful.