Do you think the "douchy" anonymous male graphic on GaG, affects how guy anonymous answers are intereped?

As you know, the graphic for anonymous guy answers is a silhouette of a guy leaned backed, head up high, with his arms crossed.

Let's be honest; the unknown "anonymous guy" in the graphic looks like an a**hole.

--------

Do you think that anonymous male answers, because of the graphic used on the answer, affects how male anonymous answers are interpreted?

Vote and reply as much as you like.

• Yes it does affect how the answers are interpreted
  • No it doesn't

Most Helpful Girl

• Hahah funny question. Actually I thought of this once too. lol

Hmm it does to a certain extent just at first but later no it doesn't.

Even the girl's silhouette is annoying and maybe that's one of the silly reasons why I don't use the anonymous option nowadays lol. But I think the guy's silhouette is more annoying. xD

What Girls Said 11

• No but the graphic is pretty stupid.

They should make something that can be looked at without a scoff

• Quite frankly, that has never crossed my mind. Not once.

• haha good point. it probably does to a certain extent.

• also, I think the anonymous girl looks like she just got out of the shower :P

• Definitely.

Many people seem to assume that just because someone is giving an anonymous answer, their answer lacks validty. That doesn't really make any sense lol, I think some people are just nosey and want to know who's speaking or they feel they have a right to know since they answered unanonymously. However, some people are very cowardly, immature, and manipulate the anonymous feature.

• ROFL ... I can't breathe... x DDDDDD

I want to cry. This question has made my day!

No, it wouldn't matter to me what the icon looked like.

Falls on floor, in need CPR. x DDD

• I never thought about it consciously but yes I do think it does affect initially but by the time I read the answer I have forgotten the initial bias.

• No, I didn't notice that.

• I've never thought of him ass looking like an ass hole... He just looks like a normal guy~

I treat anons like normal people.. unless they act like douchers~

• I haven't really paid attention to the anon avatar. It's whatever to me.

• Na I don't think it makes a difference

• No because I don't pay much attention to the graphics. I personally interpret answers based on the answer itself. Some guys on here just happen to be douches period, the avatar doesn't have anythign to do with it

What Guys Said 5

• LOL, YES. I ALWAYS THINK THEY'RE BEING A DICK. Even if they're being NICE, I read them like they're being a big ass.

• I do that too and I actually try not to, but just can't help it.

• Yeah. I have an anon voice, in my head, that I read anon answers with, and it's this real arrogant whiney obtuse sort of voice. I don't mean to, I just can't stop it.

• yup, maybe because 80% of all anon answers are a totally sh*t, which reflects on douchey anon silhouette, because you always think it's the same guy or girl.

Maybe they should use a geeky silhouette like this link

• lol. The defensive body language makes him look like a shy guy, which would explain why he is anonymous. =)

• I don't it does one bit

• F*** YOU.