Do you think that on GaG, the "18 - 24" age designation, be changed to something like "18 - 20" and "21 - 24"?

"under 18"

"18 to 24"

"25 to 29"

"30 to 35"

etc.

If you think about it...imo there's a HUGE difference in mental maturity and experience between an 18 year old and a 24 year old.

-------------

18 for most people is still in high school, or at the very most beginning their actual legal adulthood.

24 for most people is after finishing college/vocational school, is legally able to drink alcohol (and we know how much the bar/club scene is a PIVOTAL change to dating), and is usually aiming to be, or is on, their career path.

--------------

So when you see an anonymous question age "18-24", frankly you don't know if you're dealing with a high schooler, or a seasoned young adult on the career path.

Think about it.

Why should both extremes be under ONE category? Imo it would make more sense to divide that age designation into two separate designations.

Which designation split listed in the poll do you think is the best way to split this "far too wide" age designation of 18-24?

Vote and reply as much as you like with your point of view.

Thanks for answering! 8-)

• Yes, this should be changed to "18-19" & "20-24"
  • Yes, this should be changed to "18-20" & "21-24"
  • Yes, this should be changed to "18-21" & "22-24"
  • No, the age designation should remain at "18-24"

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's fine as it is, but then again I've never really taken any notice to the age ranges. I agree with the digital saint that labeling the users actual age would be much more helpful then just ranging their age

What Girls Said 11

• Personally I think there should be a separate site for teens (even though I know a lot of them lie about their age anyway), as A LOT of the topics on here are legally 'iffy' to be discussing with minors.

To actually address your topic though, I agree tat the age range should be broken up a bit. I picked B, mostly because the drinking age determines a lot of things (Yes I know there are other people from countries other than the US where the age is different from 21, but the majority of users seem to be American).

It's also the turning point for most people when leaving the mindset of a teenager and into a young adult.

• Why would you want to with-hold sexuality knowledge from teens?

They need that information the most to be safe out there! :-X

• I totally agree. It might not seem like that big of an age difference, but maturity wise, most of the time there is a difference. How I think and act now and the advice I would give, is totally different than when I was 18.

• I personally do not think it matters because I have met 18 year olds that are much more mature than some 20,30,40 year olds.

I feel that age shouldn't even be shown because it seems like some people have stereotypes for particular age groups.

• yeah if you think about it that's true

• For me, it is fine how it already is. People come here for advice not about how old a person is :P

• Yea, big difference between 18 and 24. 18 is just outta high school, and 24 is probably outta college. Itd be better if they just showed 47,32, 19 etcetc

• I don't think maturity has to do with age?

I think it has to do with the individual and their experiences.

I would say no, because that's all it is, a range.

• No, I think they should do background checks though o.o seriously, people lie about their age all the time on here

• Frankly...yes they do, Lexi. I've seen plenty of that. :-X

• It's fine the way it is, leave it alone

• First of all , I think the age should just be set 18 are over. I don't believe teens should be an adult conversations , It's just not right . Regarding being anonymous , That doesn't matter really . You still want know how old a person really is.

• Na I think it's fine as is

What Guys Said 8

• I think the actual age should just be labeled, not just a range. There's no point in having a range, when precision would be better served.

• I chose B, the reason being that in my experience there is a huge maturity gap between 21+ and under 21. Hence the reason I no longer date below 21.

• I usually don't even look at the person's age that much unless it's under 18 because people mature differently and different ages mean different privileges in different countries. The difference between 18 year old and 24 year old can be great or it can be practically nothing.

• This is a great question, we should all email

GAG customer support :) asking for them to make

this change. I already have done so, I have also

provided the link for those who would like to do

the same :)

link

• I think it should be changed to 18-21 but I don't have a very strong opinion towards it.

• Yeah I really agree. 18-20 and 21-24 would be great age ranges.

• There really isn't much difference in maturity between an 18 year old and some early 20's...

• I agree.

18-20 AND 21-24