How to brush off a negative/ unwanted/ unnecessary comment ...

I have asked questions on here that have gotten negative comments.

I have read some really great questions here, that have gotten some really unnecessary comments. (Not the funny ones, but negative-down-right mean ones.)

I know it's life, so it doesn't bother me too much, not for real. I just dust it off and move on. xD

But I do like to hear how others handle things like this.

So, what do you do? What do you say?

If I missed it in the poll, let me know!

  • I would track them down.
    0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
  • I would block them.
    67% (2)0% (0)25% (2)Vote
  • Kindergarten was years ago, who cares!?
    0% (0)80% (4)50% (4)Vote
  • They're aliens!
    0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
  • I don't care either, not for real.
    33% (1)20% (1)25% (2)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Nice answers.

0|0
2|7

Most Helpful Guy

  • I make replies that are so neutral, so emotionless, that they stop commenting all together. For example, a while back on Youtube a troll was starting some fires by angrily replying to one of my comments. I covered my response in happy faces and "Glad that you're here" phrases, and he instantly shut up :P

    1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

  • Well...it is the internet. It's best to just laugh and pity them. Sad truth is, you're never really talking -to- the person, you're talking to a machine. The person behind the computer is just a machine who automatically hammers away with a list of responses and insults. Doesn't matter if it's truth or not. So yea...just laugh at & pity them (add that in? Or is that C?) . Anything else and it's just unnecessary stress.

    0|0
    0|0
  • For the most part I don't care, but when people start getting really stupid? Like those ignorant conservatives on this site who refuse to ignore facts and just get offensive and then block me cause I point out how wrong they are with evidence? Ya... I block them back. I don't mind an argument, but if they're going to deny facts or block me and pretend like they're winning a conversation cause I can't reply? Bullsh*t.

    0|0
    0|0
  • People are stupid and mean. Nothign we can do about that. Let it go, it's not worth the effort it takes to care.

    0|0
    0|0
  • I just laugh it off mostly. Sure I get annoyed at people's ignorance, but I can be ignorant at times so 90% of the time I just ignore it. The other 10% is up in the air between A, B, and D lol.

    0|0
    0|0
  • you can respond with a positive comment, but don't dwell too much on the other person's comments.

    1|0
    0|0
  • I have never gotten negative commments on here, but what does annoy me is when you comment on people's answers and they never respond back.

    0|0
    0|0
    • Ooops ... I am guilty of that.

      I didn't know everyone wanted a response back.

      Thank you for the heads up.

    • Well not to every response. If I put "Thanks" you do not need to type "Your welcome." But there are some where I am obviously asking a question or statement and get no answer.

What Girls Said 2

  • There will never be a point in your life that everyone is going to completely agree with you. But there's always a chance that you can be wrong. If I was in your situation, I would just talk it out. Maybe you might learn something out of it. One of the worst qualities that someone can have is ignorance.

    I personally never block someone just because we have different point of views. If they get mean and nasty, I just tell them, "Good luck with life." Because if that's how they would handle situations, I don't think they will get too far in life. No one intelligent and mature would respond with negative comments unless they have facts to back them up.

    Hope that helped.

    0|0
    0|0
  • I just block the idiot trolls and move on:)

    0|0
    0|0
Loading...