I found this answer on GAG, true or false?

In all honesty, the mind of a guy and the mind of a girl are completely different. If a girl is crazy about a guy she'll think about him all the time; but she also thinks/expects the guy to think about her all the time.

Guys simply don't think like that - we simply think about one thing at a time. Beer. Work. Sports. etc.

If your turn comes up to think about; he'll give you a call

• True
  • False
  • Don't know/have no opinion, see answer.
Please give an explanation about your choice if you have time, thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• I think girls do expect their boyfriend to think about them all the time.

I also think guys don't think about their girlfriends all the time.

But a guys mind isn't like a carousel, with only one seat.

We can think about many things. It's just that the girlfriend isn't always one of those things. And even when she does crop up, that doesn't mean we'll call her.

What Guys Said 16

• False.

Obviously, men and women are different, but not THAT different.

The way this guy depicts men is simply wrong. His answer implies that we are creatures incapable of affection or attachment, which is not true.

Us guys are better at compartmentalizing and worse at multitasking than women are. Those are facts. However this doesn't mean that we compartmentalize to the point that "Beer, Work and Sports" comes before love.

May be this is due to the variety of humans, or just a cultural difference, but the "guy perspective" that this user has provided has nothing to do with the "guy perspective" that I have.

• 1. I'd say it's false

2. However, it's true that not only does a man's mind work differently from that of a woman's but also how a man perceives and presents love and affection is different from that of a woman. it's a matter of understanding each other. If man and woman weren't made differently by nautre the attraction wouldn't exist :)

3. As a male I'd think about the woman I love all the time. At this point of time I am very much thinking about both my daughter and the woman I love but I'm doing something and I'll concentrate on that. Science has proven that women are capable naturally of multi tasking while men generally cannot. Again it's a conscious effort to observe & learn to prioritize and THIS is where men miss out :) If I'm doing some responsible, productive and remunerative work that is timeline based though I'll think about them I won't spend time procastinating on that. However, if it's something casual or can be done at a later time then I'll turn away from it to attend to them and come back to the work after I've attended to them.

4. I don't ever miss out calling 4-5 times a day to check on various things like how they are doing, if they've eaten or how they have fared in something important for them (even if not considered important in the general parlance) - these are conscious efforts that men need to make out of observation, realization and learning and I think one who can do that is worth commending rather than being seen as something he has 'forced upon' himself :)

• Some men are very romantic and some are not. Some women are very romantic and some are not. When a romantic man does not get the romance he needs, society doesn't really give him the same freedom to complain about it that women have. So a perception gets created that men are not romantic. In truth men and women are far similar than society would have us believe.

• I always complain about using someones answer in your question... It's low, man, it's bad form... But, I don't think you mean it maliciously, and sh*t, I'm beating an old warhorse, and this guy is really wrong.

I think the most insulting thing about this isn't the retrogressive sexism - the 'men only think about beer and sports' ideology that really demeans mens efforts entirely... I'm studying Hebrew, right now. F***you - but it's the actual covert sexism towards women. He implies that all girls are the same first of all, and that they drool hopelessly over boys all the time, that they are really mindless, obviously, and then also that they're entitled and spoilt, in that they expect boys that they like to like them. That's really horrible.

• I always complain about using someones answer in your question... It's low, man, it's bad form...

Whoops, sorry I can't erase questions! Of course I don't mean it maliciously, I thought this answer was correct too.

:-)

• You thought he was right? Haha, well... I think it's okay if you're not doing it to embarrass them. Most people do it for that reason. Like, they use someone as the example and say 'I think they're wrong, agree with me!'... I think, it's good form to ask permission beforehand, though, whatever the circumstance.

• I can't really say for other guys', but I definitely think about many things at once, and if there is a girl I like she will definitely be on my mind all the time. The only thing that takes priority in my mind is if I am doing some physical activity or a sport. Otherwise, I will constantly be thinking about girls, work, school...anything.

• Very very false. IN fact, I'd say if both are really truly madly in love with the other person both think about them all the time. Now, of course not literally EVERY second (people have to focus their minds on other things to succeed or at least function in society after all :P), but it's enough where it's a lot and equal.

However, what I'll say is that men fall far harder into love than women. Easily. Why? Well my hypothesis is that as kids girls fall for a guy and that guy is still immature and might think he's in love and later realizes he isn't, was just full of hormones to get busy and ya (or he's a real d*** and was never really in love and knew it and just using her for sex) and that creates VERY jaded girls. Girls so jaded that they never truly fully love another guy again. However, guys on the other hand (either due to stubbornness or stupidity or who knows what) seem to fall in love and, if they do get hurt, will fall in love again and just as hard. This is generally from my own research and I wouldn't say it's a theory let alone even a fact, but it's a hypothesis I have from what I've seen in the world.

• personally I try not to think too far ahead in my life, it tends to stress me out. iam more of a day to day guy. I think most girls problems are or at least with my ex is that they think too much about things and up "falling out of love" with somebody, but really they don't they are just not happy with themselves in some way or another. relationships are the last thing on my mind right now. in the words of snoop dogg, my minds on my money and my moneys on my mind :P going through a rough patch right now and I figure a relationship would just hinder me even further from my goals.

• I don't think this can be differentiated by gender. It's different with circumstances and maybe even personality. There are going to be girls/guys out there that just don't get attached easily and others that get attached way too easily.

I've been in relationships with women that I couldn't stop thinking about no matter what I was doing On the contrary, I've also been in relationships with women where I'd think about them when my mind wasn't occupied by the day to day things.

• Yeeeah false. It annoys me when guys claim to speak for all men when they say they're simple-minded. Also, I think about my girlfriend quite often.

• Girls are probably one of the only things that really invade a guys mind. Sure, we generally focus on what we are doing, but if we really like(d) a girl she jumps in the middle of our thoughts without warning. It can be very distracting. =P

• You can't simplify a person down to that, what you're going on is a stupid stereotype that the girl is the victim and that she uses all her emotional well-being on a guy, and the man is basically a food and sports machine and thinks about the woman secondly, which in some cases may or may not be true regardless of gender. The person who made that answer is an idiot, men think about the girl they like a lot, we just don't say it. Doesn't mean its not there

• Totally False...your chances of getting me to agree with that are somewhere between Never and Never------> link

• True and false. Men aren't that dense. Well...some of us. Even though men and women use different neurological pathways and two very different parts of the brain, men and women are very similar in cognitive ability.

• False.

• I'd postulate that guys actually do it more than girls do.

• False. I don't care much for sports. Beer eh. A beer is nice sometimes. But she is always on my mind. Even when I'm think of someting else or doing something else. Always.

What Girls Said 2

• False. I do think about my boyfriend a lot, but I don't expect him to do the same. However, he tells me that he *does* think about me a lot.

There, I poked a hole in both theories lol

• I would think it could be true for some folks and false for others. Everyone is different and you cannot just lump all male & female minds into one group. That's just crazy talk. It's like saying males only like the color blue, and females only like the color pink and asking is that true or false. Can't do that because folks are all different.

• To completely add to your point - before Hitler, blue was more associated with girls (purity, virgin Mary, etc) and boys with pink (lighter form of red, which is masculine - this one changed because of the pink triangles they used to identify homosexuals during the holocaust). That might be a bit much to add here, but I thought of it when you mentioned the color stereotypes and wanted to remind everyone that it wasn't always the way it is now.

• lol...too much free time & access to the internet. lol :D