On GaG, if an anonym person, or person w/o pics on profile, says they're "good looking", do you believe them?

"I'm told all the time that I'm pretty / handsome / cute"

"I'm above average in looks"

"I'm a good looking guy / girl"

"I'm definitely a good looking person by how people react to me"

etc.

When you see an anonymous question, or a question w/o any pics on the user's profile, and the person says things like the examples above...

...

...do you believe they are as "attractive" as they portray themselves to be in their question, although there are no pics to see what the person looks like?

-------

Vote and reply as much as you like. Thanks for answering. :)

• I usually do believe them (for both guys and girls)
  • I usually believe guys; I don't believe most girls
  • I usually believe girls; I don't believe most guys
  • I usually don't believe neither gender

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not too suspicious, but I will say there are a lot of girls on here who talk high and mighty about themselves anonymously and they'll go on for paragraphs and paragraphs about how they're gorgeous, sexy and beautiful and guys just drool over them.

And then, there are the anonymous girls who will call other users ugly, by name or tell the QA they're unattractive, like randomly.

Do I believe? Not necessarily.There are definitely pretty girls on here, like goflipaburger and Poeticninja and mcollins(I think her username is); but they tend to be modest or not up in their asses about it where as the girls who always proclaim themselves gorgeous and sexy go anon.

That said, there's nothing wrong with confidence. But if you're being an arrogant d*** about it, people aren't going to react so kindly to it

Do I believe them? I've never thought about it at face value, but I think I *believe* them

What Girls Said 10

• i vote a.

I believe them because what really do they gain out of lying?

They don't need pictures has proof.

What people fail to understand is that this isn't a dating site so photos aren't really needed.

They might not be has "attractive" has they state, and then again they really might be.

Someone may react to one by saying they are very attractive,

while another may say the same person is okay.

Everyones perception of beauty is different, so I wouldn't doubt them.

• Also, some photos aren't reliable.

I can't tell you how many times some people actually look better in person than in the pictures they have sent.

• no I don't believe them, cause if they are then why are they afirad of showing it. I understand if this was a sexchat then you might not want people you know to accedently see it. But this is pretty innocent, so I they are hot there should be a pic to prove it

• Voted A. I'm not really a suspicious person, plus I'm all FOR ugly people thinking they're attractive, haha. So eh why not.

• What you said, just made me chuckle.

But I get what you're saying, everyone *should* have confidence

• I picked A. Even though I wouldn't say I believe them, I go along with it so can answer the question in the way that they asked it. If they know they're ugly and are lying about it, they're not doing themselves any favors when it comes to actually solving the question they post.

• Hahaha absolutely not. Its like their pumping up their own ego and it seems insecure, like no one else tells them that their attractive in anyway. So I usually assume they are average or below avg

• I voted D. - I have seen girls exaggerate how good looking they are. Even guys. I chuckle every time I see that. But hey, perhaps they are attractive to others.

• yes, why not? maybe they are just insecure

• voted A.. I don't care if they are lying or not so I just believe :))

• not really.

• i believe them for the sake of the question, plus a lot of people just don't like the idea of sharing themselves over the internet

What Guys Said 12

• I don't trust people in general. Nor do I assume the pic they put up is 'of them'.

• I wish I looked like your avi...foooo sho! :D girls would be all over me if I had that tongue. What is that thing?

• im wondering too..as a woman we don't usually see such critters in the kitchen lol

• It's a pokemon. I use pokemon avatars to keep my profile interesting for questions/answers.

• I think most people see themselves in a good light, which is only natural.

• No, It makes me think they are no where near as attractive as they state. More or less the opposite generally

• I usually don't believe them unless they have evidence to substantiate their claims. Even if they do have pictures there's no way for me to determine if it's them or not. If I think they're a trustworthy person I'll accept it but always be skeptical.

• I usually... make that, I never care at all... If I get to know a girl on GaG and we talk regularly then I want to know who I'm talking to, what their name is, and what they look like just so I can kind of place a face and name with the conversations. If they have an impressive personality, then they are worth knowing more about, otherwise I could care less.

• Im the same way. Like I tell the girls on GaG...

...

..."I like to physically see who I'm talking to. That makes online communication more authentic. Also, it's easier to remember you if I have a face to connect to the username."

• For the sake of answering questions their physical attractiveness is really irrelevant anyway. Between all of the accounts I've had on this site I've answered maybe 10,000 questions, and about 99% of those have been girls questions. I didn't need to know how attractive a girl was to answer those questions, I just needed to know "the girl", that is her personality and her history with the guy or guys in general. While looks catch eyes, they're not a factor when it comes to solving the problem.

• D is a double negative.

• No. I can't see 'em so I take it for what it's worth.

• yes, but I never put much thought into it since I will probably never meet the person

• I don't care either way. It's usually not important to the question.

• Insecure/not good looking people can't relate to good looking people, so I think that it is a natural skepticism for them to believe that a person is embellishing or lying when they say that they are attractive.

• I usually believe the guys, not the girls. Girls often inflate their sense of attractiveness. I've even seen a number of girls post pictures of themselves and said they were pretty, but were just average. Some of the guys lie too, but I think more girls do it, either that or they are bad judges of their own hotness.

• Even if girls are seen as average to others, they shouldn't see themselves as pretty?

• Geez what?