Does anyone else feel like people are too positive on GaG?

For example many of the answers I've seen are extremely positive and don't sound very realistic. Anyone else agree?

0|0
3|7

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 3

• Constructive, supportive feedback is the goal on this site...

3|3
    0|0
  • Yeah, some are.

0|0
    0|1
  • I'm more aware of the negative side of the spectrum.

Now and then I move to help someone, but they seem more interested in hearing an answer that enforces their self-pity or comforting delusions, which I don't give.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• I'm both a realist & an optimist, ill give people my advice which is a combo of common sense & my knowledge of the topic, usually before I wrap my answer, I give them a boost confidence to help motivate them.

0|1
    0|0
  • I feel exactly the opposite. Everyone is much too negative, and indeed, the spirit of the age is much too negative. There is a mass hallucination of persecution and danger, a global paranoia, that is silly and unnecessary, and gets in the way of the brilliant possibilities of life in this world.

1|1
    0|0
  • Nah I think people on this site are generally way negative lol, maybe I've just talked to too many headcases though ^^. As for advice, I give it the way it is wrapped according to how well a person is going to be able to recieve it...

0|0
    0|0
  • Completely.

0|2
    0|0
  • true dat. its like a self help group with the "you go girl" bs everywhere...not just by girls either

0|0
    0|0
  • The people who need help are usually amongst the most negative - and to them, anyone who isn't wallowing in self-pity must come across as too positive by far.

1|1
    0|0