Does anyone else feel like people are too positive on GaG?

For example many of the answers I've seen are extremely positive and don't sound very realistic. Anyone else agree?

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 3

• Constructive, supportive feedback is the goal on this site...

• Yeah, some are.

• I'm more aware of the negative side of the spectrum.

Now and then I move to help someone, but they seem more interested in hearing an answer that enforces their self-pity or comforting delusions, which I don't give.

What Guys Said 6

• I'm both a realist & an optimist, ill give people my advice which is a combo of common sense & my knowledge of the topic, usually before I wrap my answer, I give them a boost confidence to help motivate them.

• I feel exactly the opposite. Everyone is much too negative, and indeed, the spirit of the age is much too negative. There is a mass hallucination of persecution and danger, a global paranoia, that is silly and unnecessary, and gets in the way of the brilliant possibilities of life in this world.

• Nah I think people on this site are generally way negative lol, maybe I've just talked to too many headcases though ^^. As for advice, I give it the way it is wrapped according to how well a person is going to be able to recieve it...

• Completely.

• true dat. its like a self help group with the "you go girl" bs everywhere...not just by girls either

• The people who need help are usually amongst the most negative - and to them, anyone who isn't wallowing in self-pity must come across as too positive by far.