Why do you add friends on GAG?

This is my first anonymous question simply because I don't want anyone who's added me as a friend to try and read into this.

How many people here add others as friends on GAG and then never speak to them. I ask because I've got more than 20 friends now who've all added me, yet most of them have never messaged me. I never added anyone myself as I come here just to answer questions. I was just wondering what the point was. I'm not worried or insulted or anything, I'm just curious.

So how many friends have you added and why did you add them as friends?

Most Helpful Girl

• If I see an answer someone posted that I think is interesting or find people who've posted about similar interests as me, I might add them. But when I receive requests from people, I check out their profiles a bit more thoroughly to get a feel for what kind of person they might be. If they seem okay, I'll accept. If I accept and they end up being a weirdo or we end up not talking after a couple months, I either delete or block them.

What Girls Said 3

• I've requested like less than 10ppl and I don't talk to all them because it's not really a priority. I mean, when I send them the request I'm thinking they'd be cool to talk to, but I sometimes forget about them. I add anyone who requests me, and out of everyone on my friends list I only talk to 5 people on a regular bases.

• I have no friends here because I don't want any. Most people are fragile, get offended easily and defend the demons insides themselves because they entertain them. I'm not one to dance with the Devil and his son, God, which is why I don't look for friends.

• They seem like interesting people..

• That's fair, but do you at least try and talk to them or anything?

What Guys Said 4

• I delete people that don't message me. I have only deleted one person cause they were boring, like 7 cause they never messaged me, and that leaves me with one friend.

• I send a lot of Requests and I receive a fair amount...right now my list stands at 569...I will pretty much chat with whomever...I send them a request because I like one or more of their answers...and now, with GAG Admin turning off the Messages..Friending them is the only way to converse except for doing so publicly...and that is IF you can find one of their posts...o.O

• I don't add anyone anymore, and haven't in awhile. Like you, I've got the same and don't really talk to anyone anymore. Most 'friends' have long since left, and as a whole, I just don't use the site so much anymore as I used to. I'm burned out.

• Because Friendship is Magic!