Is your profile private?

If so, why? What happened to make you want to switch it?

Guys and girls.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes.

I realized that some people on GAG like to manipulate the anonymous feature and block you while still making themselves active on your activity. That's not cool so that was apart of my choice. Plus, I don't just want anyone here seeing my posts because a few users here are seriously abnormal. I can think of one guy who appears to be completely obsessed with petty, pointless drama with a user. I guess he mocks him and tries to make jokes about his GAG activity, like a bratty bully on the playground who's not loved as a child and fixates on bringing others down...so yeahhh, I don't want weirdos like that using my profile as some outlet for their weirdness.

• Yes.

I too have had people go through my old Qs and answers to "dig up dirt" on me. Even though I'm only here to kill some time, not run for public office!

• Even if there is some sort of GAG conspiracy going on. Say there are a few people here who have power and abuse it; why should that even matter or be significant unless you are spending a large amount of time here and feel "wronged by the system"? Here's my view: If you have power on a website and you abuse that power, then YOU have issues. Those are YOUR problems. GAG is a nice place to find insight or interact if I'm bored and there's no one around me atm but I need that human interaction, but

• as long as security isn't being breached, who really cares? I sure do hope some people have a greater cause to be investing a ton of energy into besides GAG.com conspiracies lol not a very powerful effort when you look at the grand picture of life and consider how the timeline of a life can be...

What Girls Said 10

• Nope..

What is the point?

Anything I don't want to be seen... I won't post...

Really, it is that simple...

• I'd prefer it, if people didn't stalk my answers without the knowledge of who would be able to. In addition I have a lot of pictures, and I'm not just going to show anyone those. I reject most fiend requests though. My friends are either people who have been around for a while or users who I've spoken to that occasionally ask me for advice.

• Yes because I have highly top secret information there.

• Idk if it is anymore.

• I don't think mine is but I block messaging because I'm mean.

• The way I look at it, is locking your doors so people can't rob you mean? Haha I've been trolled too many times.

• Yep, just because :)

• Yes because I like to keep the idiots from reading.

• Nope, because I don't have any highly top secret information there to be revealed. :O

• Mine is private because to many trolls

• I keep it private to block out trolls and crazy mod stalking.

• Quick question: is it just one mod in particular or are there many?

• It's more than one.

• Thought so.

What Guys Said 6

• I keep mine public, because when people answer my questions, and read my answers and comments, I want them to get an idea of who I am to see if they want to friend request me.

Imo that's part of the fun on this website; letting people read your profile, and reading other ppl's profile so you find out a little bit about them BEFORE you get added, or add somebody.

Most of the people that have private profiles on GaG are those who have been bothered by trolls on this site. Damn shame imo.

Imagine how BORING this site would be if everyone made their profile private... :(

• Yes. Just because. I don't need a reason.

• Your profile pic reminds me of Phantom of the Opera!

• I'm gonna take that as a compliment :P

I actually used Laura Brannigan's Self Control music video as inspiration but she may have used Phantom of the Opera has hers.

• All the girls are scared of one thing or another. My profile is wide open, because I have no fear! =D

• its not, I m not going to change it.

• no

• I am not sure