How creditable are the answers that are given on here?

English teachers are always saying back up your opinion with facts. Yet, I never see that happen.

Most Helpful Girl

• Quoting your English Teacher, eh? You have to cite your work, young man! What's her name and where did she get her degree from? LOL

But in all seriousness, you can't exactly cite references when all these answers are clearly based on opinion, personal experience, and personal feelings. Fact is not fact when you're talking about "Good reasons to break up with so-and-so" or things like "Does it matter to have a big penis?" because these are all opinion based. To me, it doesn't matter if you have a big penis. The next dude will say "Heck yes it does!" and some other girl will say "only if it has girth, length doesn't matter". It's personal experience that gives us insight. We're all looking for support and direction. It is up to the question asker - the original answer seeker - to make up his or her own mind on what to do. We should never take one persons' OPINION and run with it as if it was indisputable fact. This, is where common sense kicks in! ^_^

• Then what's the point in asking the question?

• The point...1)if you get enough answers, you usually find a lot of commonalities in them, 2) I love hearing from people who have experienced similar things and seeing how they felt/reacted, 3) you get different view points that maybe you hadn't considered so it gives you more to think about, 4) sometimes you just need to hear other people say what you're already thinking yourself - a confirmation type thing.

• Yes, exactly what LJHam said.

What Girls Said 10

• Most of the relationship questions asked are all going to be subjective. You can't really back them up with facts.

In relation to questions based on other misc. things, it's a combination of fact and opinion (any questions you see her about society, stereotypes, and race relations).

The health questions are purely facts. There's less opinion involved and more factual. ...though the bombardment of misinformation in the health forum scares me. Especially when it comes to diet and exercise. If I see one more fool say that resistance training is they key to weight loss or that protein is the be all of muscle gains, I'm gonna slap a bitch. THAT I can back up with my fricken degree. :/

Also, it's "credible" not "creditable." I'm amused you made a reference to English yet you wrote that. For shame. :p

• "If I see one more fool say that resistance training is they key to weight loss or that protein is the be all of muscle gains, I'm gonna slap a bitch." - candlewax

Well said.

• It wouldn't say it's credible, but it is based from personal experience. Scientifically, many subjects have experienced the same thing and probably felt the same thing (reaching a conclusion). But this is about psychology and sociology, which isn't quite exact but it's theories are still true. This is an ongoing experiment. What's good about this website is that your source can come from anyone (maybe someone who experienced the same thing you did) and then, you may not feel alone. We're all friends here.

• It depends what you are talking about.. If someone asks "is she into me?", then you most likely gonna give your opinion based on your experience.

If you're answering a question about sciences, history, actual facts, then you need to back it up.

• While some of the answers given on here may be rooted in fact, I think the point is to give advice based on personal experience.

• My answers come from my heart dude. It's super legit.

• Not credible for anyone but the individual, for them most part.

• Not very, tbh.

• most answers here are opinion so..

• Hardly. That's why there is a disclaimer. All answers are random opinions.

• take it with a grain of salt

What Guys Said 7

• When people ask what they should do about a person they describe, we have to accept they are telling the truth about the people and give advice accordingly. We don't have access to 'facts' on most advice forums, do we?

• Most of the questions are opinion based. So there really is no facts to back those answers up.

• My answers are legit as hell. The reason you don't see many facts is because relationships aren't a straight away thing, everyone has different experiences, personalities, and looks. However, be careful of some of the answers here, there are many people here have an opinion that is not really indicative of what really happens in the real world. Keep them eyes peeled.

• Your English teachers are stupid.

• Read the disclaimer.

Relationships are not science. How well people "click with" someone can't be measured, unlike... blood pressure.

• Eveything here is based on opnions and experiences, it is your job to choose properly.

• My answers? Pretty f***ing legit.