Why does this site have so many pop up windows when I visit it?

It's annoying and it slows down my computer, it even makes it crash! and everything turns off. Who controls that? Can't you fix it?

There is truly nothing positive coming from it. It's so annoying!

Most Helpful Guy

• Install Firefox then install AdBlock and say good-bye to all the ads forever.

• That stuff is so lightweight that probably one song on your computer "weights" more and it's not really a program - it's a Firefox add-on.

Consider all the lame & completely useless updates your computer probably asks you to download, how much space they take and make your own decision.

• Hmmm...I have no songs on my computer, I don't do updates and I don't use Firefox.

Anyway, thank you!

What Guys Said 13

• It's not the site, its your pc. You have a virus or malware on it!

• Because that is how they make money.

They're selling exposure of ads by giving us this service free.

But I agree that the popups are extremely annoying.

There are ways of blocking the popups of course, but seeing them is how you pay for GaG.

• :O Ohh? That sounds reasonable... I suppose... But so figgin annoying! Now my question is why does it only happen with THIS site? Are the other sites not a free service? WEIRD.

• Advertisements, the person who created this site is probably getting paid for people to use it, and people who use it are merely moderators who use it and more than likely aren't being paid dividends.

• When you reach a certain xper point level I forgot what that number is the pop ups disappear for good because you have a high level of points. I don't get pop ups no more because of my point level.

• Really? That's interesting because the very first days/weeks I joined I didn't have this problem at all. And I remember reading someone's question regarding the same matter saying their computer would freeze when visiting this site... and at the time I never had this problem.

• Yes it's true. I think it's when you reach 5000 xper points. But that is interesting that the first days you joined that you didn't have this problem. I remember when I first joined that the pop ups would always be their. Then one day when I reached a certain level of xper points. The site emailed me saying that I would receive no more pop ups because I had so many points. So I was like wow.Lol

• weird, I don't get so many. Maybe just one now and then when I log in.

• I suggest you install the AdBlock plugin for your browser. Just google it and believe me, you won't regret it.

• 0|0
    • Stupid link made system crash

• o_o Now I don't wanna click it... hahah

• It's perfectly harmless. No idea how it could make someone's computer crash.

• It's a free site and they need a way to keep it free so they get ads galore on here. One way to fix this is to use XPER points for a month free of ads, however most people use a program called Ad-block plus. I recommend that!

• get Adblock Plus, it works and it's frees

download and run antivirus software like Avast, it's effective and free

• Invest in a little thing called adblock.

• The site doesn't have that many popup windows.

It's far more likely that your machine is infected with some spamware or malware which throws up popups.

• Doubtful. It ONLY happens as soon as I visit THIS site.

• But then why does no one else notice it when they come to this site?

• I'm sure they do, when I first joined I read a question where a lot of people were complaining about the same problem but at the time I had no idea what they were talking about.. I didn't have this problem at all! and now only when I visit this site it happens.

• Get Adblocker Plus my beautiful eaeaea.

• haha Awww how sweet, and someone downed your answer... Jerks. :]

• To sign in is an obstacle course. They are obsessed with ad revenue

What Girls Said 2

• I wonder the same thing! My computer has crashed so many times form this sites pop-ups, it makes me want to delete my account sometimes! >= (

And many of the advertisements don't apply to me!

• yea it sucks! I'm wondering if I can actually get a virus from the pop ups from this site... So many people here say I have a virus... Which I don't.. it only happens when I'm here.. at the end of it all I will be infected with some kind of virus from this site...

• Yeah, same here!

• Ads but I believe when you get to a certain level that they decrease