When answering a question on this site, do you first...?

read what others have to say or do you just go straight to the point?

Most Helpful Guy

• it might depend on the question but I read what others have to say because I don't want to repeat what the question asker has heard already.

What Guys Said 11

• I generally autmatically answer it in my head and then I check the answers, chances are someone said what I think already so no point repeating it, just thmub it up or something.

• I just go straight to the point. Then maybe read other answers after.

• I go straight to the point. I don't want the thoughts in my head to be influenced by others because I don't give advice or answers unless I truly believe it's the best advice/answers I could possibly give. But sometimes I'll add stuff like ".. but this is just my opinion" if I don't necessarily think it's the best, but it's the best I could think of.

• It depends. If I'm stuck and don't quite know how to answer or how to put my answer into words, I look at the other answers for inspiration. If I know exactly what I want to say, for example in this answer, I answer without looking at other answers and if I'm interested I look at the answers after I've given my own answer.

• The funny thing is, I read the responses for this one first. I give my own opinions regardless of what others have said but I like to get a feel for where the general discussion or thoughts or going towards.

• I don't read the other answers first usually. Sometimes I will if I'm having trouble figuring out how to say what I'm trying to say. Sometimes I read them afterwards.

• My trips are like a Dutch Prostitute: In, out, in, out, in, out, in... IN... Out... She's out too... She's back in! ... Out...

Well, maybe not, but the point is I pretty much answer instantly and forget to read everyone elses :P

• I don't read what others have said, I read the question, sometimes only just the title - I confess, sometimes I can't help but to do that and then I make my answer.

• I read the other answers so that I don't post the same thing.

• Str8 to the point

• Most of the time, I'm straight to the point.

What Girls Said 13

• I usually (most of the time) go straight to the point.

When the question is difficult or confusing to answer, I usually skim through what others have to say.

• Well if it's off of a persons page then just see what they wrote first and decide to either comment, not comment, or leave a response to the question that was asked. if it wasn't then usually just answer the question first and maybe see what others had to say but if it's a wtf type of question or one that is funny probably just read what others have to say and maybe respond. =/

• depends. if it's a particularly interesting question, I might read some answers. or sometimes if it's a particularly bad question. I didn't read any on this one yet.

• Although I have an idea what I already want to say, I tend to read other answers and comment on them first. Also, that keeps me from repeating exactly what others have said. If I agree, I say so and then elaborate on it.

• If it's an opinion question I just say what I have to say and read other comments later. If it's a personal question or an advice type question, I'll read what others have to say to see if any really good point were made that I'd want to highlight in my own answer. For this question, I just wrote it without reading other comments first.

• And if someone says something that I forgot to mention, I'll thumb it up.

• I answer first, then sometimes I come back later and read the other answers.

• I do both. I even read answers after my answer.

• Straight to the point unless I can't work out what they want me to answer.

• Straight to the point

• Just write.

• If I really think its a great question I check other answers

• I just answer then look

• I make my point first then look at what everyone else has to say.