Why do people post Non-dating related questions on here?

This isn't Yahoo Anwers, why are people on here asking about politics or off topic questions? Its Girls ask Guys! Its supposed to be people asking about dating!

I mean, even at the end, you have to select what your question is about in the drop down list, none of em say "Food" or "Politics" or "Makeup"

Most Helpful Girl

• I personally like the variety and it makes it more fun to be on here. I think if it was kept strictly to a couple topics (like dating and sex) I wouldn't be on here because questions would be so repetitive. I completely agree with goldgunsgirls in that places like Yahoo Answers there are so many people its a different atmosphere. Since I've been here I've made a couple friends that I enjoy chatting with and I'm starting to become more familiar with this place and the people around.

I also personally think that I get better answers here than places like Yahoo Answers. At least in my experience people elsewhere are just rude or stupid and there are so many people that its not like it will ever be controlled or changed. Here there are some trolls and ignorant people but more decent people that are interesting, fun and actually helpful. The good outweighs the bad for me anyway and like I said its just a different atmosphere which I've come to enjoy more.

I can only speak for myself and that's why I ask all my questions on here, whatever the topic.

What Guys Said 6

• Haha, one of them is "Health" and one of them is "Style", though.

Anyway, it's because this site is much more than just a dating advice website. It's a social network. If it wasn't, there's no way I would stay on here. But the people on here are chill and it's fun asking random questions like that, just like how with my friends I might talk to them about girls a bit but most of the talk will be about things we find interesting / random chatting.

If you're tired of it, you can always just use the categories to only have to see dating or flirting or behavior or relationship or breakup or sexuality questions... and just don't go to the health, style, or other questions...

• Also, with Yahoo! Answers, I don't think the users really know each other, whereas with this site, it really is like a social network. There are a bunch of well known users on here and it's a much smaller and more tight knit group of users. If it was really just a dating advice website, there would be almost no point of having profiles (like profile pictures and descriptions and walls).

• I agree with you that there are a lot of irrelevant questions and topics that muddy up the whole intent and purpose of this website. Politics and religion being one of them. But I feel that some non-dating related questions are nice to have to get a fresh breath away from all the stresses of dating related issues. Questions about music, entertainment, favorite places and things to do should still be welcomed.

• please tell me

can girls only ask dating stuff to guys?

if you are taking the website name so litrally then guys shouldn't be allowed to ask questions to girls because it is "GIRLSASKGUYS.COM"

not "GUYSASKGIRLS.COM"

• no I'm not taking it literally, I know that guys can ask aswell, since the logo shows it

• still its not important that dating is the only topic related to wish girls can ask questions to guys

• Well it does say other in that category name...

• Not to be accusatory, but your question is a non-dating related question. So why are you posting it? haha. It's more interesting when people post on a variety of topics, so I like the category Other. I'm sure it would get dull without it. I found your question interesting btw.

• There is a category "other" if you did not notice. Oh and there is style and health so I am thinking you can choose what category you want to post your answers, comments and questions on.

What Girls Said 5

• "Ask anything, share everything it's an interactive, anonymous and virtually uncensored way to learn everything you always wanted to know about the opposite gender!" -taken from the about us section. Nowhere does it say the site is only limited to topics specifically to do with dating.

• It's not "girls ask guys about dating", it's just "girls ask guys ask girls ask guys..." about anything.

GAGAD would be a different site.

• It'd be pretty boring if we could only ask questions about dating.

What would we need the health category for then? Just contraceptives?

• Nah. People are free to ask whatever they want on GaG. There are no written restrictions against politics, food, or makeup. It's interesting reading strangers views on poltics, actually.

• I know, I'm tired of Politic questions -__-