Just typed a long answer, only to find out you've been blocked!

Have you ever typed a long very thoughtful answer to a question on here only to find out that you've been blocked?

How many times has it happened?

What questions were you trying to answer?

Most Helpful Guy

• A couple of times. There's two or three users that have blocked me because I said something that they didn't want to hear. After that, I started going anon when I have to answer in a blunt or harsh fashion in order to get the point across.

I haven't run across a blocked notification for awhile, so I assume whatever users blocked me are either now posting uninteresting questions, or they're no longer active on GaG.

It's not particularly annoying to type out a long, thoughtful answer only to find that you're blocked. It's much more annoying when someone responds to your answer in a snarky, insulting fashion and then blocks you so that you can't respond.

What Guys Said 8

• Yes. There's one person who has me blocked, and she's only ever posted Anon, so at least 10 times I've written up a long, thoughtful reply only to find that I'm blocked.

And, yes, I know I could try rating questions first, to see if I'm blocked, but I rarely rate questions; I just answer them.

• An anon woman and also the guy who hates Obama that have blocked me, and a couple of others. If I don't recongize the user, I'll rate the question first to make sure.

• Not yet. But won't be surprised if that does happen eventually lol.

• Rate the question 1st to see if you're blocked

• You should not be such a b*tch! JUST KIDDING!..yeah..people usually block me for the stupidest of reasons...lol..mostly my age..and a small few because of my fetish..and some because they did not like my answer to their Question..I try to remember to rate first so that does not happen..but I inevitably forget..it only REALLY aggravates me when I have taken the time to drum up a well-thought-out, kind & supportive response...so then when it gets bounced back is really a slap in the face...I like it when you come direct to me on chat for my opinion...and I will always be available for You!...(:(:(:

• Id say about 3 or 4 times maybe. Something that probably had to do with their insecurity. I mean, if they blocked me its just like oh well.

• I never typed a long answer

• yes I hate that sh*t especially when it's a long detailed response.

it only happens with politics because right wingers only know how to regurgitate talking points, fear mongering an propaganda. They've got no facts or evidence to support their assertions so they bury their head in the sand and block you instead.

What Girls Said 6

• It's happened to me a handful of times, and mostly on questions asking for advice, weirdly enough. I figured it'd be people who only ask provoking, troll questions.

• That's annoying. What I do is rate the question before I answer. If I can't rate it, then I've been blocked.

• Yes, got block by a very insecure b***ch, when I told her the true. It happens you can't pls. everyone.

• However, many can agree with me that she might be mentally ill.

• Rate the question before answering

It sucks if the person hasn't blocked you and you've rated your Q, but it saves you time and hassle

Sincerely,

a girl who has been blocked by many & who has blocked many

• Nope

• I have never been blocked so I don't know.