Should GaG find a way to make sure you are old enough to be a member?

Should there be protocol for checking ages to make sure there are no underage person on this site?

• Yes
  • No
link check this out.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have mixed emotions on this. I think the age limit should be 18 plus but on the same note what if someone younger really needs help and for whatever reason can't talk to their parents or another adult in their life and maybe this way someone will care enough and give them advice that could impact them.

• Is a 15 year old asking sex questions acceptable?

• Awe so sweet from an old dead guy lmao

• Dust in the Wind baby dust in the wind...

What Girls Said 4

• No I think there's also older men posing as younger guys

• I am sure there are but I am not sure what that has to do with the legal issue of underage girls on here

• Ya I didn't think about parents who have children maybe they should have a parent's confirmation but they could make another email adress for that..guys also lie about their age

• Yes I am sure they do.

• yes. There are some really screwwed up kids on here that get bizzarro answers from nutjobs and that could be detrimental to their innocent little lives. Also, there are some pretty retarded people/trolls who post some weird ish--especially in the sexuality section that children should not see. And I've rarely seen a kid asking a question that was truly salient in which they needed the help of a random online community for help. No, the kids need to be shut out somehow. Maybe, every post where it talks about high school or kids stuff should be shut down if possible. Any users that say, "Oh, I'm 13 my profile just says 45) those should be shut down too. We could get the community in on it, by having an option for reporting minors that give the person who reported it Xper.

I shudder to think what some children have seen on this site.

• Wow thank you. I agree 100%

• No

• I feel like its kinda easy to pick out people who are very young.

• How can you figure that out?

• next time I come across one I'll put it on here.

• thnx

What Guys Said 5

• That would infringe on the privacy rights of their users since age verification can only really be done through personal identification. Not to mention that they would lose a small percentage of their potential and current users. I vote that the community act as though there is always a 15-year old reading what you say. It's not like this is a place for explicit material.

• Gambling sites do it and I don't think that is an infringement upon one's rights. Gag surely would not care about 15 year olds not being on here as they are not supposed to be anyway.

• Come on. I'd like to her you're response to that. It doesn't usually take you 20+ minutes to say something useless...

• Sorry I was makin food. 15 year old people are not generating profit for gag. You see what is advertised here?

• no, if I found this site when I was 14ish it would have helped me with so many issues growing up.

• They just make sue you can't ask any questions pertaining sexuality.

• How do they do that? I just saw a question asked by a 15 year old

• Hmmm by your age they can do that? The QA of the "fingering" question is 15 and it is clear that she lied. How do you propose that to be stopped?

• I wouldn't know because they didn't make me a Mod.

• If you can manage to type you're old enough for GaG.

• So if you had a 12 year old daughter you would not mind her talking to any users that like to drink pee or the average pervert here?

• Sure, but if my dog eats your bank account, it's not my fault. =P

• :) bad dog!

• Yes but how?

• Maybe copies of Birth certificates. I have signed up for many sites and had to verify my age and had no problem with it

• Plus birth certificates can be made up and I don't have mine on hand.

My father has mine.

There should be a way to check but how is the bigger problem

• agreed