Have you seen a sudden rise in the percentage of anonymous questions on GAG?

I have not been as active on GAG as I used to be. I was wondering why. I see that somehow anonymous questions don't make me interested to respond a lot. Not always; but often enough. Have you all noticed the same about the rise in anon questions?

Most Helpful Girl

• yes. I have. I wonder myself.

• I think it could be because people start using this as a social site and start friending and passing mesgs. I myself have been guilty of that. :(

• no...meebo works on pc...if you sign in to your pc. you should see meebo

• Cool. Phew!

What Girls Said 3

• Yes , Doesn't bother me . If the question is logical and interesting I will respond . Either way you still don't know the person true identity , That's the way I look at it .

• Yes! It drives me nuts! if it is embarrassing or something I could understand, but people will go anon for the most random and stupid sh*t..I usually don't answer anon

• Didn't really notice =/

What Guys Said 4

• I find that a lot of users abuse the anonymous feature to make personal attacks on the question asker and keep their username hidden. This is the only time posting anonymous has ever bothered me; it's very cowardly, pathetic, and downright mean.

• If I could, I would click on the "up arrow" 50 times. I could not agree with you more.

• I think asking a question anonymously should cost 100 xper points answering a question anonymously should cost like 40 xper points. That would bring down some of the questions that have been asked thousands of times that anyone can use the search feature to find.

• :) I like your approach. And yes, some common questions are asked so many times. And thy are mostly very short uncomplicated questions.

• I don't see what the big deal is. I mean if someone has a rash or something and they don't know what it is, why would they ask the question and face embarrassment and ridicule? I mean does it make your question more meaningful knowing who's asking it? I think some degree of privacy is perfectly fine.

• I agree 100%. But people have started clicking anon for the most "harmless" questions.

• So what? Again, what does it matter who the question is coming from? I mean is your question any different anonymous than not? No.

• Yeah, but it's a daily routine for a lot of users to just checkmark the anonymous box. Some are just more comfortable that way.