Why can't you change your mind on GirlsAskGuys?

Like sometimes I read something and initially disagree with it, then I'll come back to it later and see it differently and agree... but this site seems to lock your first answer which seems stupid to me. Of course people will change their mind sometimes! Common you lazy girlaskguys web designers!

its amazing how many tools are here defending a website like its their friend.. how sad people can get

Most Helpful Guy

• Yep I noticed it too, wonder if someone responsible here will answer this question. I'd very much like to talk on this.

Thanks for asking this quesiton for all of us (while I'd let go of the last statement from you ha ha - you are cute)

• if they want people to stay here they should improve things to make us happy

• COMPLETELY happy or not all of us are here aren't we? BUT again I'd love someone to answer this to us which shows their respect towards people who have subscribed here :)

What Guys Said 4

• I don't know for sure. My guess is because initially up and down votes used to equate to points. So if you got a +1, you got an extra point for your posts. If you got a -1, you lost a point. That was abandoned, though. I think they abandoned that because people were abusing it. Anyway, my theory is because they wanted to make sure people made their decision, and it would be swing someone's points the other direction. Thinking of the points as some kind of economy or something.

Anyway I don't know why. It's always annoyed me too. Because on more than a couple occasions, this site loaded slowly, and I accidentally voted the wrong way. Anyway, if you really wanna know, try asking the admins. ( link ) They might answer you, and if enough people complain they might even change it. Just don't expect swift action. They can be notoriously slow.

• All I'm saying is that I understand. I didn't say I agree with them. As you may have noticed, I said it annoys me too. Thanks for voting me down and calling me a tool, even though I agree with you. Kindly get bent.

• What's to stop someone from changing their answer completely and making things no longer make sense. Or somebody coming in to troll, then changing it to something legitimate to try and make other people look stupid. The admins and web designers that you think are lazy are actually trying to make their jobs easier. Good job jumping to a conclusion (which it seems like you might do a lot).

• I've been here for years, points tend to roll in over a long enough time ;)

Anyway, I can prove my point with your responses. I could respond to them, get all pissy like you are, etc...or I could be the one messing with you. Basically, just wasting your time with my response. Then when you respond or report me, I could easily change them to make it sound like nothing at all was going on. See how that would get annoying for the admins trying to deal with crazies like you?

• brando can't make real friends, so he makes websites fill that role!

• This is quite entertaining :D

I do have a question though: why didn't your mom swallow you when she had a chance? Seems like a mistake that the world has to pay for now :(

• How about you wait patiently to figure out what you want to say before answering, rather then then hastily making judgments. Either that or renege I what you say.

• See there you go getting all mad and saying sh*t that makes you look like an a**hole. Shit happens. Maybe you've got Tourette's syndrome. =P

• You can comment on your own answer, as much as you like.

You can also answer a question twice.

So what you could do, for example, is make the first answer anonymous. Then write a second answer, which criticises the "anon" one you wrote, and leave the second answer attributed to your username.

What Girls Said 4

• If you could go back and change your original message then there would be a LOT of confusion. Comments that were made on it would be mismatched because suddenly what was commented on isn't there anymore, people who upvoted you could end up upvoting a edited message that they clearly would not have upvoted if it was there originally and most importantly editing your message the whole time will be frustrating for the person who actually asked the question. If you have changed your mind then comment on your answer! It's not girlsaskguys web designers who are lazy, they're actually insanely smart to understand the logical errors that will be brought up when allowing the editing of a original answer.

• on every other forum you have the option of editing, deleting etc.. it doesn't cause any confusion on those sites, why would it here? Its just a stupid system to not be able to change

• Lol you idiot, there are tons of question answer type sites, and most of them have much better web developers and allow editing, don't lose your questions/ans we rs based on timeouts.. You are just a babbling idiot

• Pardon your manners dear. If you don't like this site then guess what, you can always leave :) If it's such a nauseating experience for you and you just HATE the web developers then I don't see why you're still around really. That seems far more idiotic to me... you know spending your time on a website that just totally hate.

• They don't want to encourage people giving thoughtless answers. If you change your opinion, all you have to do is comment on it and say so. It's easy, and it means things remain consistent.

Can you imagine how frustrating it would be to be talking to someone, having a debate or something, and then their original answer changes completely? It would not only be annoying, but illogical. I think if there were no commenting function it would work, but by allowing us to interact and converse in questions, it makes it illogical to be able to alter your answers/comments.

I suggest thinking out answers/questions thoroughly before answering. For example, you will look back on this question, read your response to logical answers that users have given, and be embarrassed of your angered, irrational and immature reaction.

• nah, the reality is they are just lazy and never do anything.. there's no "strategy" behind it. Have you seen any improvements here? course not

• @ update: don't you think it's sadder that you're using a website that you seem to so vehemently dislike? Or that you nit pick about administrative things so much anyway? It's a darn relationship Q&A site, not an official political forum.

• I agree. There should be an edit option of some kind. I don't like having to go back to add an afterthought as a comment on my own answer. It just looks weird to me.

• yep, and its the most common sense approach. all of these idiots are trying to say its on purpose so that there's "no confusion" when all it does is make tons of it. Its much less confusing when people can edit their statements to make more sense

• If you mean like in YouTube where you can delete your answer, then no I notice that option is not available here.