What brought you to GAG?

How did you come to know of this website?

Why did you decide to join it?

Do you like the advice?

The people?

Has anyone's advice positively influenced the situation you were in?

Most Helpful Guy

• Back in 2010, I was looking up "nice guys finish last" in a Google search because of a funny link my college buddy sent me on Facebook.

I went as far as page 20 in the search looking at articles, blogs, etc.

I found a question from this site on here. Site looked interesting, so I clicked around checking it out.

Because it seemed like an "online community" (me being a "techno-guy"; I'm a sucker for those), I decided to sign up using the online name I've used for everything since 2006 ("Prof_Don"; it has a story behind it so it's not just a random name).

I've been on ever since and even earned a nifty-looking red chat bubble. :-D

------

P.S.

In 2010, "nice guys finish last" on Google, had a question asked on GaG on Page 2 of the search.

True story; I looked up "nice guys scary" on Google yesterday, and 2 of the first 5 results were questions asked on GaG.

The site is definitely becoming more popular and noticed on the Internet.

What Guys Said 10

• I typed a random question into google, don't even remember what it was and one of the search results was a GAG question. I checked out the website and went crazy, now I love this place :) I've met some great people on here and have had the pleasure to help out many. So many of you have helped me and encouraged me as well. Of course there are lots of dumbass people on here, but you find those everywhere in life haha.

• I initially had a question that could not be answered by looking online, so I quested to find a website where you can ask people questions and get good answers back. The first one I found was this and I asked my question. It was answered within a few hours and the answers were great and very helpful.

That was over 4 years ago, and since then I've stayed to provide others with honest, un-biased, helpful answers to their questions. Also, it is nice to meet new people and chat with them.

• Confusion and sadness brought me here...

And Google.

• i was trying to see if girls liked fat guys cause I was trying to get my homie laid.

then I made an account so I could post a Q about it.

then I liked the site so I stayed.

the advice can be surprisingly good sometimes. but I don't usually need help with anything, I just ask sh*t cause I'm a curious guy.

the people? some are coo, some are straight losers, some are just haters, and some girls are just f***in teases that need to leave me the f*** alone.

during the aftermath of my break up with my ex it was helpful, found some people to talk to that were supportive and helped me out.

besides that tho, the most beneficial things that came from this site are:

my increased confidence.

getting girls' numbers.

naked pics.

lots and lots of data on women!

and funnyass trolling lol

• I'm a little more introverted and have had bad experiences with girls and wasn't ready to give up quite yet. I got on Google and punched in "do girls like shy guys" and it sent me here. A year and a half later, I'm still here.

• Well I was trying to figure out a way to solve my virgin ways as I stumbled across this website.

It seemed better than yahoo answers so I settled.

I think the advice here you have to take with a grain of salt.

Seems like most people here are OK & have good intentions.

it has a few times.

• I'm a gold digger.

• my borderline obsession/fascination with sexuality brought me here LOL

• Joined it 5 years ago.

Came and stayed for the free food.

• I was surfing the net for fetish-related stuff and came across a Question from GAG...I wanted to answer it so I joined and have been here for 20 months now...(:(:(:

What Girls Said 8

• I was searching google for something and ended up here. It looked pretty cool (liked the concept) and joined. I usually get very good advice and have learned quite a lot from all the people. I find that this site has some of the nicest people ever. On most other forums you seem to have the "elite" group that seems to be in charge of everything and can get away with being stuck up arrogant asses. This doesn't appear to exist over here which I like. It doesn't feel like high school with all the different cliques.

• I googled "Christmas gift ideas for a boyfriend" and it brought me here. And I'm addicted now.

• I googled a question about flirting and it lead me here. I thought the site seemed interesting and helpful, so I joined. I stayed for some of the friends I've made and because I love helping people. Some advice has helped me a lot, but most of that came from conversations with friends rather than answers for questions I posted, because I discussed my issues more in depth with friends.

• Found it by accident. I joined because yahoo answers sucks, I prefer this points system and I have been told and know that I am good generally when it comes to giving advice. I also wanted to be able to help people if I could, which I can.

Positively influenced my own situations? Not yet, I prefer to take my own advice or my mother's.

• Google brought me here... the first time...

• Asked a question and voila! This site popped up:)

• the free food

• Young love brought me hear,so now I want to help others