Do you think you've objectively benefited from GAG?

As in, other peoples' experience has helped you develop and learn about relationships? Or do you just use it to vent/despair?

Most Helpful Girl

• Like anything involving people, there are hits and there are misses.

I've encountered some strangeness, but I've also encountered some kindness, and have "met" people that I definitely consider my friends now.

I would say lately, the strange seem to be out in full force, but overall, I've benefited from my time on GaG. I also love giving advice when I can and receiving advice from objective outsiders. It's a form of study, I suppose - a study of humanity. And as a musician, writer and human being, I'm always thriving to understand my fellow man a little better :-)

What Girls Said 13

• It has helped me see certain situations I have faced in a whole new light.

Not only that,

I do not have anyone I can tell personal things to real life.

So its great to be able to come on this site,

share something very personal

and get advice and other peoples opinions.

I am also on this site to help people has well (it is what I like to do).

So, it is a great benefit for me.

• Yes, I've learned a lot from this site. Before coming here I had limited knowledge on how the male mind works and now I believe I know significantly more =)

• Even to vent, it's all good, it's a catharsis.did I spell that right? Lol

I Love this site because people are honest and helpful and we can discuss even the silliest thing that's bugging us without feelin embarrassed since a stranger will be totally honest with u. And everyone is pretty much caring towards each other. Albeit long stories probably don't always get read so the answers may not always fit per se

Gooood site!

• I think it has helped me.

It is good for gaining perspective. Everyone has plenty of perspective except when it comes to themselves...

• for me, this is really a good site. it goes both ways, learn and share experiences. how do you think?

• Wow I haven't been on this site in forever /:

I think being on gag has definitely helped me, I learned a lot about how guys think here.

• Well, it has been fun pissing the moderators off

• Yes, to an extent. It gave me more of an insight to how things are with the opposite gender.

• I think this site has warped my mind, and maybe not in a good way.

• I think I've benefitted from it personally, whether just venting or getting objective advice.

I like being able to give others advice, too, in the hope that it'll help them like it helped me.

• Getting and giving advice are both pretty important to me, so yes I think I've benefited from using it. I've been able to get some great insight and support, and I like being able to help others.

• I don't think it has benefited me. It has wasted time more than anything.

I'm just sticking around for my last few points so I can get a voucher lol

• Some days more than others, of course, but generally yes.

What Guys Said 10

• Yes, I have benefited and gained some insights which I use in my personal life from being here. I also hope that I have helped a few people along the way and gave them the right answer they were looking for.

It's a give and take situation here, ask as many questions as you want, but also share your experiences with the rest of us, even if they aren't always positive. :)

Awesome question

• Yes I have without a doubt

• For me personally, yes it does help.

You get unfiltered perspectives from other ppl. As a person that has an insatiable thirst for knowledge, this site is a good place to get fresh views on various topics when it comes to (the oxymoron of) understanding the female gender. :-D

• I've met some amazing people here, and I'm doing much better than I ever was when I started coming here, as a result of them, not solely but, y'know, I guess the lions share. And, that's very important. Something about this website brought them there, and brought me to them. Even if all the magic happened outside the website, this is the Kings Ring, the herding pole. So yes... Yes, I've objectively benefited from GAG.

• I have learned a lot and continue to learn about people, society , realtionships and idea's from GAG. That is why I keep using it. I feel like it is progressive.

• In general yes. I think we see more extreme opinions on here than ones in the middle, but I do trust the anon factor to a certain extent. When we ask members of the oposite sex their opinion, it is hard to know how sugar coated it is (does this dress make me look fat?), and how much is real. I think people have no sensitivity on this site, so that can be bad and good at the same time. Overall helpful

• No.

• Yes yes and yes

• I don't know I feel there are a lot of insecure guys coming on here and trying to brag about how they get with women all the time or something. Also a fair amount of princess type females who don't have many bf's and expect guys to be mr. perfect and put everything in his life on hold for her. Of course I attribute these two things to the fact of sampling bias and how sites like these on the internet are naturally going to attract these kind of people because people who have healthy relationships and are problem free are not going to be looking for sites like this for the most part. I have gotten some good advice on here but for every good piece of advice there are equally 1-2 bad pieces of advice.

• I've helped other people, which was my only intention. That's good enough for me.