GAG users why don't you pick best answers?

It provides an added incentive for meaningful

Posts and extra xper points. It's a win/ win situation IMO.

What gives? Users please pick a BA already.

Most Helpful Guy

• I gave your question a Five Star cause I think it's a great question :)

This is not a question to GAG (who generally know the answers to almost everything shot at them - glad they have put a lot of thought into these things before making a rule) but to the users that makes a lot of sense to me :)

A lot of us ask questions only when we require to (obviously), get answers and then vamoose. Could be a lot of reasons for that. But I make it a point ot provide a rating (99.9% of the time) to each question and whenever I do ask a question I'd select a BA if there are more than one person answering it lol or if I see that the single answerer has made enough effort to answer me (ofcourse while making sense).

**There also may be quite a few who didn't find any from the tons of answers appropriate enough to suit their requirement which is why they don't select a BA.

But however, I've seen and known answers (by me and others) that can be a BA but haven't been selected.

I appreciate not only your question here but also the initiative.

Matter of fact I had thought of asking this question directly to GAG and also recommending that unless a question asker doesn't select the BA for a particular question after a certain number of days then he / she shouldn't be allowed to ask further till they don't but then again thought of what I've written in paragraph ** struck me. Still one can always select from what's available :)

• While I've been on my answe spree out here also realized that there are lots of people who look forward for support to their chain of thought and give it as BA only when they see someone who thinks the way they do :) so it's not necessarily about actually being BA :D

• Hey :) thanks for the BA :)

Believe it I was actually thinking of writing to you asking YOU to 'select a BA' lol but thought I'd give it a week or 10 days so that there's enough space lol - thanks again :)

Writing to GAG usually evokes answers, I'm quite surprised you've not been reverted to

• Depends on the subject matter and who reads it. Go ahead though.

And you are welcome !

What Guys Said 13

• Agreed... And it's kinda fun seeing who you thought gave the best answer. Plus isn't that the point of having a best answer option and exp.

• I always do!

They are just lazy socialist who think that the best answer will choose themselves... Well it won't damn it! you need to press a button!

• it really depends on what kind of questions I ask

some questions don't require BA but ones that do I will give out a BA

• Crab mentality at times...we won't let the other one go up the ranks in the Xper ratings :D

Those who care about Xper, best answer are missing the fun...yea but you do need 4+ to post in the most important section - Sexuality! lol

• Could you take yourself off of anonymous please? I don't like answering questions that don't allow anon answers, while the qa is going anon

• Hmmm I block anons because I don't want trolls. This a mainstream question. Why so shy ?

• @ gag1989

You can pick the answer you like best. It's subjective

• I just don't usually do it. Maybe they should do it more like yahoo answers where people vote after a certain period.

• I am pretty sure I have given you one or 20 BA's.

• A. I don't give B.A, if all the ones are mediocre or don't answer the soul of my question.

B. I couldn't care less about my Xper.

• I've picked best answer on 70% of my questions. I'll get around to the other 30% eventually...

• I really only pick best answer if I see an answer that was well thought out honestly.

• I DID. But I haven't asked in awhile because I can think of nothing more at present.

• I always do :P

• i do. I actually take some time to go through my questions and see what answer was the best.

What Girls Said 7

• I usually ask questions anonymously and I always pick a best answer.

• because none of you deserve it.

• Sometimes I do not because many of the answers are the same so there is no point to picking a best answer. Other times it is because none of them pop out to me as being good. Sometimes I forget that I asked the question, or it isn't needed anymore.

• likely because most answers are argumentative or have little to no reasoning/thought.

sometimes I do. most outrageous gets it sometimes if it makes me laugh

• Okay...I'll do it. Sheesh.

• I always wait about a week then choose the BA based on who's advice I took and how well it worked.

• I pick best answers for some of my questions.

If I don't, it's because I don't think the question could ever HAVE a best answer, it's more of an open-ended opinion type question, rather than an advice question.