Do you search GaG for similar questions before posting?

How often do you search for similar questions, and how often do you read the suggested answers before posting your question?

We've all noted at one point or other how often the same questions are asked over and over again. Some users have even posted general answer articles on some of the most common questions. If people would just read and pay attention, this site wouldn't be so cluttered!

• I search/read the suggested question but I feel that I need a more personal answer so that I can relate
  • I search/read and it has helped in the past and I did not post
  • I don't ever search/read because I know my question is different
  • Other, please comment!

Most Helpful Guy

• Well since I'm new here I have only posted a question once, but I didn't search for similar questions. I'm more here to answer questions really and read other people's questions and answers, than ask those questions myself.

• I came here to ask in the beginning but now I enjoy helping if I can.

• Well I came here in the search of answers and I see it a duty of mine to give answers to others, since it's the least I can do.

What Guys Said 4

• If I think that the question I have may have been asked before, I search; if I have a question that I think is unique, then I just ask without searching.

• Nah I don't, because my questions are usually somewhat unique, or I'm asking something that specifically pertains me to

• I usually always try looking and seeing if it's close to fitting my situation but It's never really spot on.

• Nope because you can get new answers if someone asked a question a year ago no one new will answer it.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't usually. Even if a question is worded similarly to mine, that doesn't mean the details or circumstances behind it are the same. Sometimes I still need to post it and include the specifics of my case to get the answers I need, and I might not be able to find that in the answers to someone else's question.

• I don't unless its an embarrassing question

• I have to admit I've never done that