Do you get good advice from GaG?

I feel like I can't get any advice on GaG. Most of the questions that even get a lot of responses are those that people can answer by talking about themselves.

Its fun for asking something like "Do you like Twinkies?" but anything related to giving advice people look over it.

Does anyone know of any sites that are solely for advice giving?

Most Helpful Guy

• There's plenty of good advice on here if you ask a question in straight-forward manner. Also, what a lot people fail to realize is that good advice is often what we don't want to hear. We don't want to hear that our abusive girlfriend or boyfriend is not good for us and it was time to move on three years ago, not now. We don't want to hear that sometimes guys use girls for sex and girls use men for money/attention/emotions, etc. The problem isn't a lack of good advice on GAG, the problem lies with many people not wanting to listen to the advice they desperately need to hear.

• That's not the problem I have. The problem I have is people simply not answering. See for yourself how few some good and concise questions here receive very little answers, while "girls, do you change in front of your boyfriend" gets tons of answers. Which is fine. I was just hoping that this site was for advice being that it is promoted as such.

• Why don't you link to the question you need answered and I'll have a look?

What Guys Said 5

• As far as I know, people give solid advice on this website. You have to realize that this is the internet so if your question is not short and concise, you're not going to get any solid answers, if any at all. It seems to me you're looking for a place to have others tell you what you want to hear or you're looking for one-on-one council.

link

• You've assumed a lot of things here.

I always try to make them as concise as possible and not a wall of text. If it is related to giving advice that isn't related to sex or style then its goes easily ignored. I don't need or want people telling me what I want to hear,

• Well, there are a number of people that give solid advice, but there are also many many people who do not. Unfortunately, those who do give good advice are not going to be online all the time. What's more, is they are not going to have an answer to every question asked.

You also may want to 'look inward' here as well. I try to contribute advice whenever possible, but it's also true that when I see a question that has been asked a hundred times already, I don't bother. You may want to use the search thing and see if your question has been asked before. It's possible that it has. Further, the anonymous thing: some people are adamantly against answering questions that are posted anonymously.

Anyway, what I would recommend is finding people who give solid advice and adding them as friends. It increases their chances of possibly looking into questions you had posted (again, they can't find them easily, even as friends, if you post anonymously).

• I try to contribute good advice whenever I can. I often answer questions that have zero or few answers if I can although some things I don't have enough experience with to give any sound advice. Unfortunately I feel it is best to ask and answer some questions I have to ask anonymously

Some of the people have tried adding as a friend get annoyed when I ask for advice. I'm not on here for cyber, I'm here for advice giving and receiving.

• hmm. That is a conundrum. Unfortunately, I don't think there is anywhere on the internet that you can escape the onslaught of horny men. And if there were, it would quickly be discovered and overrun by horny men thinking their odds are better there.

• I think I've gotten some pretty decent advice from GAG, but most recently, the best advice has been from the friends I've made here. Personally, I will answer a question if I think I have a good answer for it, whether it's a serious question or a just-for-fun type like what you mentioned.

• This might be what you're looking for.

link

• That site seems to be for physical and mental health issues, which isn't what I need advice on.

• haha is that what you're looking for though? I don't think they talk about twinkies there :P

• It is acceptable

• nope can't say I've seen any real important good advice on any question that mattered. most of the sex questions are trolls and fairly perverted.

you might get some decent answers about style/clothes type things.

most people do just want to talk about themselves or try to brag on their internet conquests.

ps I just had sex with a supermodel on top of a pile of 100s that I got at my job as ceo of Myjobisbetterthanyourlife Inc

What Girls Said 2

• If I need advice as far as beauty products, movie reviews, etc., then I will ask here. If I have any MAJOR life issues, I don't bring them here. There is too much judgment and criticism.

• That is why I don't ask questions, and if I do, they aren't worth value questions.

The questions I usually ask are opinion questions.