Why don't you post pictures on your GAG profile?

I've noticed that *most* women post pictures on their profiles here, and *most* men don't.

Why do you think that is?

What does that say about the women?... and the men?

Most Helpful Girl

• People tend to be more daring when they don't have to show their faces.

What Guys Said 11

• As you can tell by my current profile pictures, I'm very sexual. I used to have personal photos with some 14A explicit content and I was criticized for putting them up online (despite having a private profile at the time) so rather then listen to said person chew my ear off, I took them down.

So ya... I removed them all and put up ones that still show off who I am and what I'm about.. No one is complaining about my photos now.

• Proxy e-mail address, weird alias, and the pic from a Captain N cartoon says it all.

I'm the goddamn Batman.

If I am going to make an account to ask embarrassing questions about sexuality and admit to being a virgin upfront, then I am going to try and be as untraceable as possible. If someone really wanted to discover me then I'd be slightly flattered that they wasted their efforts, because I am just one face representing a crowd of many. Also, even asking anonymous questions is a traceable thing by the admins (for policing and security reasons).

I admit that I am tempted to know if my face is attractive or not to the opposite sex, but I doubt it is better than average. I'm half-Asian and weird looking.

• Well I've posted my picture here.

• I don't post my picture as my profile pic because it turns up on google search engine so instead I only have them on my profile really... not sure why most people don't put their pics though

• I've been used to having this profile picture for my fb and my phone's wallpaper and many things..I'm kind of attached to this picture...I feel so deep & dark with this picture on... this picture reflects my mood all the time whereas I don't have a personal picture of mine that'll reflect my mood all the time...and as far as girls having their own picture, I'm indifferent to it. I don't really notice their mentality of doing so since I'm not interested.

• I'm an ugly duckling and would rather judged based on substance.

Well that cat is out of the bag. Darn it! Exposed!

My answers will never be as kewl anymore.

• Some would say they'll be even more "kewl" now :-P

• Imo, posting or not posting pics speaks about the privacy levels of each person. Some don't want their faces attached to their profiles, and others want their faces to be seen with their profiles for authentication.

• I just don't want anyone I know running in to this site and finding out I joined a relationship help site lol (yes, paranoid).

But I'll probably post a couple sometime...

• I see myself more as a fictional character than a real person on here :P

• I like the attention except from the psychos and assume the guys that don't post pics might not be so handsome

• Not sure if you noticed or not, but women enjoy taking pictures of themselves a lot more than men do. I think that pretty much answers it.

There have been accusations that some of the pics aren't even real, so there's that. And what the anony girl said about not wanting people in real life to know your problems, beliefs, etc is true too.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think it says anything. People come here to ask questions in privacy. If they want to post a photo it means they either 1) don't care what people think, 2) don't realize the potential danger, or 3) they are seeking attention and online romance. You posted this question anon. I think most would assume that means you have a photo on your profile. If you think about that, you have the answer to your own question.

• What do you mean?

• You have your own face hidden. Why didn't you share your face when you posted this question? I'm fairly certain you answer can serve both questions.

• I never implied there was anything wrong with NOT posting a picture... it was just an interesting observation, that's all.

• More than half the guys on here are ugly as f***.

• I have a fear that someone I know in real life will come across this site. I say things here I wouldn't be comfortable with the people I know knowing about me. If I don't have a picture then they be able to associate the things I say with me.