Messaging option for GaG?

When I was on this site in early 2011, they had IM'ing via Meebo which is now apparently discontinued? Is there an alternative mobile option since then?

Most Helpful Guy

• "posted" and that anon girl are correct. I'm just here to note that you have one hell of nice face

Btw, meebo isn't all that great, so you should want it gone anyways

• Haha I just missed messaging and I access the site primarily via mobile since my laptop is out of commission for the time being. I just wanted something that would operate via phone...not because I care about Meebo itself. And lol thanks.

• Ah okay, you should try msn. I have MSN on my phone and it works like magic

What Guys Said 5

• Meebo got bought out by Google a few months back. In fact, there was quite a hysteria when the chat was removed from GaG due to the buyout, and people thinking that there wasn't going to be chat anymore!

Because of Meebo's buyout, the Meebo mobile chat has unfortunately been discontinued. However, the Meebo chat ("powered by Google") is on the GaG site itself.

IF you're not automatically signed in when you log onto GaG, click the gear icon, and click "sign in". :)

• Does that wrk on a mobile device?

• Unfortunately it doesn't anymore (the Google buyout of Meebo = no more mobile messenger); the admins know that the users want that option, so maybe it will be in the works in the future.

• Meebo works, not on mobile though, you can get Skype and talk on your phone with people or just use messages.

• Meebo works, you just don't see it...go down to your task bar and you should see your profile picture icon. Click on it and it should give you your "friends" that you have as IMable. If not, then ask me for some more help

• Probably gone.

• I think it's gone

What Girls Said 2

• Meebo is still available! We recommend using the most updated version of Mozilla Firefox.

• Meebo doesn't work on mobile, you'd have to send messages