What is one thing that you are not aware of until you joined GAG?

Thanks beforehand for sharing and the best answer would be selected. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Mr. Brutally honest, here. I've returned. (Yep, that guy from before.)

I can't say that I've learned a whole hell of a lot from this site. Most of it is just slight clarifications on some subjects I was a little fuzzy on before. For the most part, this site has taught me very little. Though, I did pick up on some things.

For starters, about half the girls on this site type like 12 year olds, replacing entire words with numbers, single letters, cutting words in half, abbreviations, shorthand, text talk, "lolspeek" and other rather infuriating habits. In short, the majority of girls (at least on this site) are incredibly lazy, or stupid. Mostly lazy though. I say lazy because most of them will say that typing an extra couple of characters is so hard. Seriously. They will tell you that typing "you" instead of "U" is so much work. It's really pathetic. (Yes I know some guys do this, too, but it's far more common among women, I've noticed.)

I also notice that absolutely nobody uses the search bar in the upper right. They just ask the same repetitive question several times a day, and if nobody answers, they just post again, and wonder why someone took their question down. Don't even get me started on the people who bitch about their questions being removed. There are a million reasons why an admin would do that, but nobody thinks it over, nobody reads the rules, nobody reads the notification for why their question was removed, nothing. They just bitch. (Man... a rant happened anyway.)

Also, Distant has a point. There are a lot of people who don't really want advice, they just want someone to whine at, tell them what they want to hear, tell them that they're right, or give them the impossible miracle answer that will magically solve all life's problems in a single sentence. However... this is something that I knew already. It's not this site. That's people. That's what a lot of psychologists, psychiatrists, counsellors, and religious or spiritual guidance deal with all the damned time. It's not new to me, by a long shot.

I think that if I were to narrow it down to the one big thing, it's the first thing. That just that a hell of a lot of women, can't type or refuse to try. Laziness. So much Laziness. Pathetic.

What Guys Said 7

• I learned that when people are looking for advice, they're really looking for someone to tell them what they want to hear.

• That modern women, especially US women, are so generally venal and cold.

• That girls do like shy (or as I prefer to call it these days, introverted) guys.

• Lots of girls insecure about their beauty, their actions. I did not know that there were so many. Many, FWB also surprised me.

• People can't see so much issues in their own life - what they consider 'normal' is unacceptable to most of readers, maybe it's just a tunnel-vision effect, a different perspective.

Most of times the answers gonna be so painfully obvious and simple I sometimes wonder: "Couldn't they think of that themselves/did they really need to hear that?" etc.

• People can't handle the truth & this site has a lot of bootlickers just so they can get points, or friends, or both. Though there are genuine ones who do like to help

Some people will believe anything you say, no matter how off the wall it is.

There are a lot of people (mostly women) who think you have to be in a relationship at all times or there is something wrong with you, or you're a "Player"

So many guys who wish secretly they were born a woman, so they shave their body smooth as the next closest thing. (The down votes will verify this)

I was/ am surprised by how many guys are out there who would take a girl back after she blatantly used him as a back-up/ 2nd-3rd choice, cheated or disrespected them.

I don't read very well as your question only asked for one thing.

• I never knew guys had insecurities about their height.

I'm 6'4" so I've never given height a second thought and none of my shorter friends ever expressed any insecurities about their height to me so this came as a surprise.

Also I knew girls would interpret your words and actions but didn't know they over thought the hell out of them and looked for meaning in any trivial or ambiguous thing.

What Girls Said 2

• I learned this place harbors a lot of insecure, bitter, judgmental, sexists, racists, people who flirt with underage users, multiple account holders, mods who abuse power, admin who don't do anything, stalkers, people who don't want the truth, racially obsessed users, attention seekers, the desperate, guys and girls sending nudes or online tapes to their sex vids on xtube, wanting to Skype sex, fake profiles, etc etc

• That there are a lot of misogynists in this world of ours.