Cleared out message inbox on GAG?

I usually have lots of messages in there, some special ones that I really wanted to save and always 5 unread. Well today there are only 4 message overall in my inbox , 0 unread and everything that I was wanting to save is deleted? Has this happened to anyone else?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, I noticed it this morning too. Tons of mine were cleared out, both in the inbox and outbox.

What Guys Said 2

• I had thousands and now I have 45. Up until 9/16. I don't know if they're deleting by date or it's an error but there are messages that I didn't delete for a reason. This kind of stinks but I'm guessing it's for space

• :/ I'm sorry! That sucks! They should have at least given a warning or something so that each person could copy the messages and save them in a word document or something.

• What the hell, I want my messages back GAG

What Girls Said 4

• To keep the site running efficiently, all messages that are 3 months old will now be deleted. Every day, the system will delete messages that are more than 100 days old..(a little over 3 months)..

As our site grows, we are making changes to make it run smoothly and quickly - this will help any "clogging."

Thanks!

• Thats really udnerstandable. It just would have been nice to have been told so that we could copy messages and paste them into a word doc or somehting. I was planning on doing some REALLY special things with some of those messages in the future. Kind of Scrapbooking them with pictures, ect. Its' kind of like something super special was taken away and makes me a little sad. Is there any way to get them back?

• Ah, you make a good point, and for that, I'm sorry! Unfortunately, we can't retrieve your messages. I appreciate your feedback, though, and in the future, we'll keep that in mind.

• You're right! Mine before September are gone.

• Yes

Same here. I also noticed many of my messages were edited...

So basically, they're either updating the system and it's having glitches or they're going through our inbox and deleting/changing/removing sh*t

• The messages take up too much space and probably get put into the "trash" file because they are old.

• Probably.. I jsut wish they would have told us before.. I had some SUPER special ones in there. Thanks for your comment :)