WHY do so many users on GAG think poorly of themselves?

There always seems to be at least 2 posts a day of some man whining about how unattractive he is, or a woman of how no guys want to date her.

Most Helpful Guy

• Here's what I've noticed about people who post questions asking why nobody wants to date them...

There's usually some question like "Women say the want a man with a steady job and good income. I have two fulltime jobs and I'm in law school/medical school. Why can't I get a girlfriend?"

And in the post, the Question Asker lists only their positive qualities like they're employed, and they have a car, and maybe they own their own home. They don't list any negative qualities. And, of course, the people who respond, going on limited info, say "Oh, I'd date you", and "you sound like a great catch, there's someone out there for you".

But how can anybody reading the question honestly determine why the Question Asker can't get a date? We don't know them. Maybe they do have those great qualities, but maybe they're also $25,000 in debt with no plans on paying it off. Maybe they're a sociopath. Maybe they talk smack about their friends behind their backs, and everyone in town knows it. Maybe they have multiple STDs. So we can't make an accurate diagnosis of what the problem is when there are obviously important details missing.

And of the details that are provided, maybe there's something we're not getting regarding that. Like, if they say they own their own home, maybe that's true, but maybe their home is in the worst neighborhood in the ghetto, and the floor is covered in old pizza boxes, and the place is infested with rats and spiders. So those types of questions will never get good answers.

For anybody who is thinking about posting a "Why can't I find a date" question, instead of only posting the good qualities about you and giving us half the story, help us out and list top 5 worst (or top 5 unattractive) things about you. Of course, if you that, you probably just answered your own question.

What Guys Said 9

• This is the perfect way to vent all problems, easy channel for expression (opposite of depression). I don't think the people who "whine" including me actually expect any world changing answers, just a load of their back ..if even for a second.

• I don't have the self-esteem to answer this qustion.

• GaG is a good place for everyone to vent things about themselves that they can't do in real life. It's been helpful for even myself

• Because this site attracts people who have some sort of dating problem more often than not, since it is a Q&A website. So you're going to get those types of people a lot, that's just the nature of forums like this.

• Because people come here to vent. I would never have said most of my questions to anyone I know in real life. Its like the bitter depressed part of me which I hide from everyone else. I doubt most people who come on here and whine do it much in real life.

• venting place

• Because they're not being asked out...or they're being rejected, so they look to us to give them an answer on if they're attractive or not and if that's why they're not getting dates

• alrighty

• by the way, thanks for going off of anonymous, even though you allowed anonymous answers. its always nice to see the actual question asker. I wish more people were like you

• Hence GAG ;)

• Google something like...I am ugly will a woman date me...I have a small penis will a woman love me...I am short will a woman date me...I have small boobs and I hate them...I have wide hips is this why I cannot get a man...etc etc etc and google will bring you to gag. They sign up and many stay here and keep on asking these questions.

What Girls Said 3

• it's not about gag users,it's about the whiny people-the site doesn't make you whiny (ok,sometimes it does) it just attracts people who have questions about their insecurities.

• Either they are :

1.Picky or too selective

2.Lack of social skills

3.Suffer from low self esteem

4.Depression

5.Often getting rejected by the opposite gender

6.Always get teased or picked on

• They come here for sympathy - and most people these days are crybabies.