Is there any way to sign on to GaG while remaining offline from chat?

Sometimes I log on and I immediately get bombarded by messages. Most of the time they are welcome of coarse, but I often only come on for quick stints and don't really have time to chat. So, is there any way of remaining permanently offline from chat (unless I choose to turn it back on)?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have the same annoying Problem and I Mostly get bombarded by male pervs...But no you have to sign out immediately when you get on. Sometimes I leave a message in my status box that says"nothing receiving messages or etc" and people don't usually message me and I don't have to sign out all the time.

What Girls Said 4

• Yes there's a sign out option on the meebo bar. Just look around a bit on there and you'd see it. When you however sign in again it would by default be on again but then you can just sign out again of the chat bar.

• There is a tiny gear symbol at the bottom of your screen. I don't think there is a way that you can be permanently offline, the only way I know is by signing offline immediatly when I log in.

• I wish haha

• ...I wish... but I just stop responding and now people get the picture that I don't message people, I just answers question, and communicate through there.

What Guys Said 2

• Nah.. Just sign off immediately when it signs you on..

• on the toolbar at the bottom, click on your profile pic\

Click your account name -available

hit sign off meebo