Do you follow any other users on GAG?

Is there any specific reason to do so? Or is it just idle curiosity?

Someone, or two, with nothing better to do is down voting answers
If few people use it and its of little use then what the f*** is it there for

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I don't.

At most, I recognise various usernames for either having great answers, or for borderline trolling.

What Guys Said 7

• This question is extremely ironic, because I found you on my friends list and am answering because I'm following you.

The reason why is in my profile description. :)

I'm mostly an unprofessional (hobbyist) sociologist. In return for the data, I try to help people with their problems with answers (that I think) could help. Its really not as uncaring as that... I don't view all of GAG as "test subjects" or anything like that... we're all people here.

• Haha. I presume its on the activity feed because you don't show up on the list of "followers".

• I actually go through everyone on my friends list about once every month or two and just hit any recent questions they have. I honestly don't know what half of them are doing there, but its a courtesy to anyone who has interacted with me in some way or another, I guess. Not that my responses are all that great... but I suppose some might appreciate extra answers, at least.

• Troll me, troll me, I want 3 thumbs down too :D

No, I don't follow anyone here unless it's Justing Bieber or Lady Gaga. The 2 most followed people on twitter.

• @ your update. I think it's there because the site developers thought it was a good idea at the time, because most good social sites have that option. Maybe they got a lot of requests in the past to implement it and they did. I do think it is used, but no one wants to make the front page news which people they follow, because they don't want to be judged on who they follow.

• I don't even know what following someone even does.

• Either do I. I just wonder what's the point

• I have no idea lol, it seems kinda creepy, getting a message or a notification 'MURDERER443 IS FOLLOWING YOU!' DURRRRRR

• following someone puts that member in your 'Live feed'

I do it when I see someone giving great answers or trolling/insulting. It can thus be positive as well as negative.

• Yeah I'm totally stalking you. =P No I don't follow anyone. I read some of the answers of the people I talk to regularly but that's about it. I have about as many followers as I do people on my friends list. They like to read my answers and comment on them from time to time, but not be bothered with communicating with me I guess.

• I don't see the point of it. It doesn't actually give you notifications or updates about the person.

• nah I don't think that feature is useful.

• No, I don't follow anybody.

What Girls Said 6

• I don't see the point

• No. I think its useless. if I liked something they wrote, I just friend them and visit their profiles from time to time to see if they asked any new questions or etc.

• Nope. I don't really read a lot of other answers here.

• Yes, I usually follow users that make me laugh. They are the ones I friend. People that amuse me with there with and humor.

• Nope. I'm just here for the gifts and there are some cool people here

• If you're talking about the "follow" feature, no I'm not following anyone.

I do use the Activity Feed a lot though, to find questions to answer. And I sometimes check out the answers of the friends I talk to all the time, because they're interesting people :-)

And when I open a question to answer it, I always read everyone else's answers.

• It annoys me (slightly) when people obviously have not read any other answers and seem to just answer for xper points

• I just know I'm here to interact with people and hear about all aspects and perspectives. I'm always very interested in people's answers. I like learning what other people think and feel.

• Ugh, downvoting trolls... dum dum DUMMMMM

Hahaha!