Do you follow any other users on GAG?

Is there any specific reason to do so? Or is it just idle curiosity?

Updates:
Someone, or two, with nothing better to do is down voting answers
If few people use it and its of little use then what the f*** is it there for

2|0
6|8

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I don't.

At most, I recognise various usernames for either having great answers, or for borderline trolling.

2|1
    3|1

What Guys Said 7

• This question is extremely ironic, because I found you on my friends list and am answering because I'm following you.

The reason why is in my profile description. :)

I'm mostly an unprofessional (hobbyist) sociologist. In return for the data, I try to help people with their problems with answers (that I think) could help. Its really not as uncaring as that... I don't view all of GAG as "test subjects" or anything like that... we're all people here.

0|0
    0|0
    • Haha. I presume its on the activity feed because you don't show up on the list of "followers".

• I actually go through everyone on my friends list about once every month or two and just hit any recent questions they have. I honestly don't know what half of them are doing there, but its a courtesy to anyone who has interacted with me in some way or another, I guess. Not that my responses are all that great... but I suppose some might appreciate extra answers, at least.

• Troll me, troll me, I want 3 thumbs down too :D

No, I don't follow anyone here unless it's Justing Bieber or Lady Gaga. The 2 most followed people on twitter.

0|0
    0|0
    • @ your update. I think it's there because the site developers thought it was a good idea at the time, because most good social sites have that option. Maybe they got a lot of requests in the past to implement it and they did. I do think it is used, but no one wants to make the front page news which people they follow, because they don't want to be judged on who they follow.

• I don't even know what following someone even does.

2|0
    3|1
    • Either do I. I just wonder what's the point

• I have no idea lol, it seems kinda creepy, getting a message or a notification 'MURDERER443 IS FOLLOWING YOU!' DURRRRRR

• following someone puts that member in your 'Live feed'

I do it when I see someone giving great answers or trolling/insulting. It can thus be positive as well as negative.

• Yeah I'm totally stalking you. =P No I don't follow anyone. I read some of the answers of the people I talk to regularly but that's about it. I have about as many followers as I do people on my friends list. They like to read my answers and comment on them from time to time, but not be bothered with communicating with me I guess.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't see the point of it. It doesn't actually give you notifications or updates about the person.

0|0
    0|0
  • nah I don't think that feature is useful.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I don't follow anybody.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• I don't see the point

0|1
    0|0
  • No. I think its useless. if I liked something they wrote, I just friend them and visit their profiles from time to time to see if they asked any new questions or etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. I don't really read a lot of other answers here.

0|0
    5|1
  • Yes, I usually follow users that make me laugh. They are the ones I friend. People that amuse me with there with and humor.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. I'm just here for the gifts and there are some cool people here

0|0
    1|1
  • If you're talking about the "follow" feature, no I'm not following anyone.

I do use the Activity Feed a lot though, to find questions to answer. And I sometimes check out the answers of the friends I talk to all the time, because they're interesting people :-)

And when I open a question to answer it, I always read everyone else's answers.

1|0
    3|1
    • It annoys me (slightly) when people obviously have not read any other answers and seem to just answer for xper points

• I just know I'm here to interact with people and hear about all aspects and perspectives. I'm always very interested in people's answers. I like learning what other people think and feel.

• Ugh, downvoting trolls... dum dum DUMMMMM

Hahaha!