Do you think you answer on GAG well?

I just had a thought - a lot of people come here with their advice on flirting and dating and how to get that guy or attract that girl. They normally explain the situation as best they can, and the comments and answers usually respond saying that he/she might be interested - go talk to them. Do you think that since you are on a site where questions about love are primarily asked that you are more inclined to believe that the guy/girl in the question is interested?

Most Helpful Girl

• No... That's wrong, at least for me.

I answer with what I really think: when I believe the other person is interested, that's what I say. When I believe the other person is NOT interested, that's also what I tell the asker.

I think I answer well because I always answer with what I think is the truth.

I can be wrong, though... But that can only happen for two reasons:

a) the asker didn't tell all the details, only the ones he/ she wanted to tell us so he/ she could get the answer he's looking for;

b) the other person, if a guy, is a complete douche and is only playing with the asker (playing well!, or I could have tell he was a player...); or, if a girl, a complete b#tch (I don't know any other word in English that can describe these girls) who likes to have guys around them for the fun of it/ for the ego boost/ or, worst case ever, "just in case"...

When I don't feel so sure about my answer, I just don't comment (eg: when people don't give enough detail or just ask general questions like "why do girls take so long to text back?", that I think are totally random and which answer varies from girl to girl, day to day and texted guy to texted guy (same applies if it's asked by a girl).)

In overall, I think sugar coated answers are bad answers in this site...

In my opinion, truthful opinions are what makes up a good answer here on GAG, when people ask for real life advices or real opinions.

What Girls Said 5

• No, I don't think so. I make my decision based on the context of the question and give advice accordingly. I'd like to think I answer well!

• I don't think it's so much answering well as it is answering honestly. It is also important to maintain some empathy with the question asker even if you do not agree with some or even all of their viewpoints. Be honest and open minded with your responses. Do let people know if you do not agree with things that they say but never do this by being defensive. Lastly when it comes to problems being expressed you should never tell the person what you think they may want to hear in order to cheer them up as this can lead to false expectations and often disappointment.

• If I can't give a quality answer to a question, I don't answer! Lol. Or I suggest therapy.

That being said, I don't tell question askers what they want to hear. I tell it like it is. I just told one girl that I didn't like her boyfriend, and another that her parents don't grasp the complexities of a creepy stalker ex situation.

• Some of my answers are so generic. I wouldn't even take my own advise.

• Then why comment? Unless you think its an ego-boost for the question asker?

• I guess it is a generic question, but it doesn't have generic context

• Yeah that's true lol

• I give pretty logical answers most of the time. I also admit my personal experience, if I have any, sometimes that helps people. Sometimes it doesn't, haha!

What Guys Said 10

• I honestly try to give my best advice whenever possible. If someone does a good job of explaining the situation I feel I can give good advice. But I notice that many of the questions I'm left saying to myself "I really can't help unless I'm closer to the situation"

One of the coolest things in this site is when people come back and thank me for advice because things turned out well. It's happened a few times for me and makes me feel that these answers are going towards something more than just some Amazon gift cards lol

• 1. never knew about gift cards xD Came here in a quest of procrastination

2. You are a "guru" I guess thanks would come every so often

• I think I do alright, I know a thing or two from my personal experience and I try to use my common sense as well to answer questions.

No one here is perfect or even close to it when it comes to each situation, girls keep asking "How can I get a guy to approach me/Notice me?", Why not say Hi and approach him, Most of them say "I couldn't, I'm way too shy", I usually say "Well If you're not going to approach him, why should he approach you instead?"

Most people try to kiss the Question asker's ass in order to boost their ego in situations were that's what they were really aiming for rather than a true answer to their question, I'm just as guilty as anyone else because I used to do it.

• That is true. I try to make sure that when I ask a question, I ask people to be honest and see it in different ways for the same scenario

• I answer the best I can. I'll admit that sometimes I have points when my answers are better and others when it's "meh, give it a shot". More often than not though, I try to give the best insight that I can.

• "where questions about love are primarily asked that you are more inclined to believe that the guy/girl in the question is interested?"

This. This is something that's hard to determine sometimes. Usually with girls questions. There's not mention of what they think about the guy, only what the guy does or says. It's really strange. Really strange.

Sometimes, I wonder if they want to know if he's interested just to get some dates, regardless of how they feel about the guy.

The more time I've spent on the site, the worse my answers get. Probably because most questions are common questions that always get asked, as if they are the only person who's ever wondered if x, why or z.

• Most questions are like that. We just determine if the person mentioned is interested and what to do. Might definitely be easier to answer and determine if more details were given

• I answer honestly, most of the time it gets me downvotes, I am pretty firm in my opinion of only ask questions without a pre-conceived notion of what kind of answers you are expecting. Sometimes telling the truth or voicing an opinion gets you hate but I really don't care for pleasing people.

• I honestly think a lot of guys suck at answering. I usually ignore them, unless its one of the wiser guys who are like 25+

I like it when more females answer and more wiser/older guys answer. LOL

I'm also being hypocritical because I like my answers.

• I answer out of my own experience.

• A lot of times I answer to say stoopid things and some if the time I give some good answers

• I answer how I think an answer should go. I see tons of questions basically wanting random people to predict another person's thoughts or behaviors based off of one side of the story, with limited and select detail. Basically: people are wanting to hear assurance that these "signs" are what they want them to be.

Either that, or the questions are just completely moronic. So I seem to not have much tact with those types of questions.

But as for the question of do I answer "well" or not? I don't know, I just answer with what comes to mind. People seem to be a bit sensitive on this site and don't like statements that attempt to "shake them out of it", even if they are given with tact but firmness.

• That is true, but some may be sincere-ish. I guess it's easy to say that everyone wants people to agree that their crush is into them. If it gives them more confidence, I'll bite.

• But I guess that's the challenge of biting on what you think will do some good. If they are given the wrong advice time after time, they could have this false sense of self-confidence that leads them to pain and disappointment more often than not. This could harm them more than anything and I would know, I was in that position at one point where I believed what I wanted because I had been so down and out for too long before that.

Realism is the best option for any situation.

• Also true... It could be safe to say that maybe the person they are talking about is interested in them though, and it helps. But I see your point :)

• Yeah I do think I answer well and I put thought into every answer I give. But I answer differently from the rest. I don't kiss your ass, or tell you what you want to hear, I actually try and help you resolve your problem. You see, this site is filled with children. These children are people who have their hands held by their parents through life and they tip-toe around everything. When I messed up as a kid, I got my ass kicked. Today, I am well-educated and successful as a result of my upbringing. So ya, I do again think I answer well but it's not always what people want to hear.