What is the most frustrating thing about being a man/woman?

A question to the guys of GAG:

What is the most frustrating thing about being a man?

A question to the girls of GAG:

What is the most frustrating thing about being a woman?

It can be anything: physical, relationship-related, etc...

Most Helpful Girl

• Being forced to go shopping with friends because you're expected to like shopping

Having difficulties finding same-gender sporty people (for hiking and rock-climbing)

Monthlies

Being Objectified

Being harassed

Never being allowed to go out until high school because "as a girl you could be raped/kidnapped"

Being expected to give up a career for a family

Not being allowed to run around as a child because, "ladies don't run.."-Grandma.

What Guys Said 20

• In my opinion: I'm not going to give an expected answer "when women do such-and-such", because you'll probably get twenty of those kinds of answers.

What frustrates me most is that mainstream society is saturated with males being emasculated, and it seems like nothing can be done to stop it. It's all over television and even in music, many movies, etc...

The men are always stupid and the women are always smart. The men always bow down to the women as the women take charge. Men are always predators, women are always victims. Men are always morons, women are always intelligent.

Just watch TV commercials nowadays, you'll probably see at least 8-9 commercials where men are being emasculated by women every hour.

Here's an obvious example: the TV show "everybody loves raymond". This show is the most obvious display of emasculation I have ever seen in a television show. Most other programs do emasculate, but it's more subtle.

• Basically nothing

It's cool to be a man

..on the ads on the TV and the Net there are waaaaaay more half-naked women than men, you don't need to wear make-up, do your hair for 500$, apply manicure and pedicure and solarium visits to look good, you're naturally stronger and can easily protect yourself, you can piss while standing, unlike women you don't need to sleep next to a hairy ass, nobody stares at your chest, you can have only one pair of boots for all occasions..

Yet there's one thing which sucks. You can't read minds.

• You can't have much options like girls in dating, even though you look attractive :P

• I don't feel any frustration, because I'm a man. Even I really like. I don't need makeup, I need a little time to get ready, and I really enjoy spending time with ladies, I can say openly what I want.

• That since we've got "the balls" :D we're supposed to do the whole 9 yards of anything :D :D

(I dunno, it was just what bounced in my mind when I saw your question :D )

• Therr really isn't anything about being a guy that bothers me. There are plenty of things I find annoying about girls, like how they're not straightforward on if they like you or not, and play games with you.

• Much harder for the opposite sex to find you attractive.

• I'd say either having a high sex drive but far less options for casual sex or being expected to approach the opposite sex rather than have them approach you.

• Just being expected to do the approaching.

• When a woman makes the first mive if youre single, shes attractive but you aren't interested in her. if there are "witnesses" you might feel like you have to defend yourself (explaining how you aren't gay or too much of a pussy to ask her out).

• I don't feel any specific frustration regarding my gender.

• I'm not sure. Maybe that some people feel they understand me or what makes me tick but they really don't-

• i am happy to be a guy. no complains

• Getting hard, could happen anywhere and anytime

• being ugly

• Inopportune erections and having to deal with introversion not characteristic of your gender. It's no easy street remaining virtuous either.

• Made me think of an article I found the other day at Takimag defending physically beautiful women. Not a common perspective but a clever one.

Wrath of the Rotund

by Guy Somerset

• I just think the having to approach girls to date somebody is annoying. I don't do it so I'm forever single lol

• Having to be a "go getter."

Means I have to always be tough minded.

Means I have to approach women all the time or nothing happens.

Means if I don't do certain things, people see me as less of a man.

What Girls Said 14

• Definitely periods. It's almost like getting the flu combined with appendicitis every month. One time I was driving, the cramps hit me and I had to pull over and take painkillers because I couldn't wait to get to my destination... they were that bad. When I had a female boss at work, she could always tell when I was on "my time" and while I did my best to keep up with my job, she usually ended up sending me home early because I looked deathly pale and in a lot of pain. Unfortunately, when she moved and got replaced with a male boss, I didn't have that luxury anymore.

So there's that. While I chose periods for the #1 most frustrating thing, another thing that can get frustrating is having to wait to be approached by guys. I would love to have to power to ask guys out, but it's usually seen as desperate or needy when a girl does it. I went to an all-girls high school, so when we had school dances, we had to find our own dates. I miss that! These days, all I can do is do the subtle girl thing... eye contact, smile, flirt, and hope that he goes for it. I mean, I guess it'd be acceptable to ask out a guy friend (I'm not shy, so that's not an issue), but it'd be totally weird and outside-the-norm for me to approach a stranger. Grr.

• Stupid periods

I also feel expcted to want to be a mother and wife,whereas I would be happy with a dog and my carrier

• periods!

not being fully acceptable to ask guys out.

• Probably the assumption that all things earned in life has to do with looks. good looking Guy gets promoted over girl, he's a hard worker. Pretty girl gets promoted over guy, she slept with the boss.

• Tie between periods and other women

• Most frustrating right now is definitely periods... I threw up because my cramps were so bad. And I have a high pain tolerance. It sucks.

Another thing that's REALLY frustrating is just the inconsistent expectations. Guys are allowed to go out and have sex with 5 girls and it'll be considered okay. Girls can't have sex with 3 guys without getting flagged as easy or a slut. That's only one stupid expectation though.. I could go on.

Other women also piss me off. We can be far too bitchy towards each other.

• period, being sees as weak and being beautiful.

• i love being a girl but being the one with the uterus can be annoying...PMS, periods, having to find suitable birth control that doesn't have to many side effects, and just generally having that constant nagging fear of pregnancy no matter how careful you are.

• Nothing at all. I loathe the fact that us women don't have to take responsibility for our own actions.

• :D :D " I loathe the fact that us women don't have to take responsibility for our own actions. LMAO epiccc :D :D

• Nothing.

• What is not frustrating about being a woman, really? I would love to know that.

With so many advantages going on for them already, why do men still complain about having to ask a woman out? Even if you're rejected, no one cares and you mostly showed your interest.

If a woman asks you out, you're already thinking this is your lucky night and maybe you'll go out with her just to add to your experience...

• Period pain and giving birth

• Not knowing when your period is gonna come. I have irregular periods and I hate it. Putting on makeup. I don't have a steady hand, so it doesn't come out right. Most of the time I just wear mascara, lip gloss and cover up. Easy enough to do, but eye liner and eye shadow is just hard for me to put on.

• Periods, of course. Those monthly hormonal shifts ruin EVERYTHING, haha!

Also, people expect me to crave marriage and children and they expect me to bend over backwards to get those things.