Why do randoms add you? On GAG or other social sites?

I'm mean I seriously don't get it, I have a pic for my Facebook and twitter account but not here on gag but guys (yes it's usually guys) feel the need to add you when you have no clue who they are.

Why do people do that? And are they surprised that I don't accept them?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have no idea why. I never friended anyone on here because I don't see the point. Well, maybe it's so the option of chatting would be available. But, is that the only reason why all those users (mostly girls) friended me on here? I accepted every request because I don't see what's bad about accepting the request. I don't mind having friends on herd.

What Guys Said 10

• Social networking is the new clubbing

most of the people come here to get new friends so that's why they have the urge to add you

P.s accept thr friends request I just sent u

Just kidding :-D

• I don't know, I think I have over 150 friends on here. 99.9% of them are girls yet they add me and never spoke to me or even messaged me beside just 10 or so of them.

I think its a "gotta catch em all" mentality

• could be they've seen your answers and liked

how you phrased them? maybe they figured you

had similiar interests? sending a friend request

can have a lot of reasons behind it ^.~

• They just want their friend list to balloon or they really like the advices you gave that's why they want to befriend you.

• I get adds because I'm so hawt.

Haha, kidding. On here ,its usually because the person liked what I had to say in a question

• I haven't had any one add me here nor FB. And the majority of people would do it because they either like your answers, find you attractive-it could be any number of reasons why. On FB they may just do it simply to see if you accept them or not.

• I add people all the time out of boredom. I've had some good conversations with people I randomly added from the livefeed, so why not? I don't see what the big deal is. If they don't want to talk at all, they don't accept, not the end of the world.

• They are losers and plenty of losers here do it. I doubt they are surprised.

• OMG there are friendly people who are interested in friendling you!? Oh the humanity!

• Because they want to hope you're a hot girl.

What Girls Said 3

• i can only speculate as to why lol

• I send very few friend requests. I do because I liked their questions/answers and want to be able to see more of their activity through Live Feed.

I just approve any request I get, unless I already know them and find them to be trolls or creeps. Once I've added them, I just go on about my business. If they start to harass me or whatever, I'll just unfriend them. It's as easy as that. I've "met" some pretty cool people, had good conversations, gotten great personal advice from some people on here. I'm glad I wasn't so closed off :-)

• Seems like an odd question for a few reasons:

1. Facebook and other social media websites are usually used for connecting with friends. Most people use them to talk to people they already know.

2. GAG is not a social networking website. Unless, you've told all your friends about it and you they are your only friends on GAG, you probably don't know anyone here. People here might add you because they like your answers, they seek advice, or for a variety of reasons. It doesn't seem all that weird to me.