Is it cowardly to block people on GAG?

Do you think it is cowardly to block people on Girlsaskguys? What are some other reasons to block people that aren't cowardly?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not cowardly. I distance myself from toxic people in real life, and block them on Facebook. Why not do that to toxic, ignorant, or downright hateful people on here?

• Could you clarify? I think that if you use an analogy to Facebook, then you would have to explain why it is okay to do that on Facebook. Can you elaborate on the toxic, etc. part?

• It was more complete, even more so after you clarified. I choose best answers if people can be general and specific in the right way in their answers. Not that there weren't other people that didn't have some specific answers though. :)

• Yeah, I liked some of the others too. :)

What Girls Said 6

• I think guys think of it differently. All of the guys I have blocked are one that when we used to have chat used to try to get me to have sex with them or ask me questions about their d***s and such. I would ask them to stop and they wouldn't so I just blocked them. And two I blocked after they would want my fb info and when I wouldn't give it they would send me a long list of explitives. Sure I could have reported them, but blocking was easier and quicker.

• I think so. Today this guy called adamfk1 asked me to add him, and when I did he then called me a whore and then blocked me. He did it because he was poopy-pansted about something I posted on his question- basically I called him out on his bullsh*t- and he was so mad he had to resort to a drive-by fruiting to punish me. Total bitch-move.

• They're Bitches...

• I think if the person is being annoying and won't leave you alone, than it's no cowardly to block them. I usually just unfriend them..

• Yes and it shows you don't get out your house much. People block like crazy on this site.

• I don't get out of my house much? There is a reason besides asking a question if I don't know the answer. In this case, I am asking the question on purpose so I can find out what certain people think.

• She was referring to "general you" not you personally, QA. :)

(Am I right, answerer? :X)

• Oh. I actually have no idea if she is referring to me or to people in general, now that you point that out, makoto-kun. Anyways, I'm asking this question on purpose.

• If they're anonymous, it's very cowardly.

What Guys Said 13

• in some way, blocking means you're running

away from something instead of facing the problem

so in that way it's cowardly, you don't have to

agree with me, but that's what I think ^.~

• Ooh. Good one. But then, I think it is okay to block hateful or gross people.

• hah yea, some people on this site think it's aight

to send their disturbing pictures to other people

without regards for what the receiver could be

thinking, these people are the only ones I'd

be consent with blocking, though I still won't

because it's in my nature to forgive people.

hateful people on the other hand, I don't see them

as being hateful, they have a different way of thinking

than I, they are the ones who're really afraid of getting

proved wrong on something they were certain about

• Yes. I just think that sometimes, people don't like what I have to say, and then block me. Or sometimes, people are in a heated debate, and one person blocks the other.

• Nope. I usually find the angry trolls who block me then block them back.

Do whatever keeps you sane. I'd rather have these psychos feel empowered in mom's basement than empowered out in public where they can harm/kill innocent people with their innate rage.

• People sit behind their computers spewing out hatred and insults, knowing that the person they are attacking, can't get to them. That is cowardly. Why should someone put up with that? We all know damn well, most of the insults that get used on here, would never be said to a persons face.

• I don't think it's cowardly, just basic common sense. People block people for different reasons just to avoid them. Personally I haven't found any reason to block anyone yet, even those who I find somewhat closed minded, self centered, clueless or otherwise annoying. As long as they're not harassing me directly I just let them be. In essence I use blocking only as a piece of mind mechanism.

• In most circumstances, no. Girls tend to block creeps, trolls and psychos. I have been blocked randomly though, not much but I think I stumbled onto one or 2 questions I couldn't answer because I was blocked by a user I didn't even know existed :D:D

I don't get those, so I don't block people, I simply remove them from my friends list after a while if we never talked or if I never see them online. I also remove people I don't want to talk to anymore for whatever reason. It's like blocking but leaves the communication channel open.

I've never had to resort to blocking someone.

• I don't think it's cowardly. I mean, what if someone keeps annoying you in one way or another? I think that's a legitimate reason to block someone.

• If a person is being stalked or harassed then I don't believe it cowardly at all.

• Someone blocked me just for saying I don't like their music. haha

• Not cowardly if they're doing it for a good reason, like the person is being creepy and stuff.

• Yeah-but really cowardly if it's to get the last word in or do it when the user is anonymous. But if it's for a good reason, no.

• I've been blocked by a lot of users here.

I don't know what's the problem.

Some says like "You give bad answers/advices".

• It's an effective way to deal with trolls.

• It's cowardly to block people after calling them names or if they think they're right and don't give you a chance to rebutle but no, if you just simply don't want someone to comment, I think it's perfectly fine to block them